I've got Jim Schwartz level excitement for Jahmyr Gibbs

Oh you just keep him. We just elevate the position. Let him walk after next year. Collect a bean, maybe not.

1 Like

What I love about JG:

1. Does his moves while moving forward. So tough on smaller defensive players.

2. Change of speed is impressive

3. Vision and suddenness

What makes me nervous:

1. There are not smaller defensive players in the NFL

2. Injury possibilities due to his slightness for a RB

I trust our coaches to use him right if we draft him.

2 Likes

Bijan is a good Kamara comp, Gibbs is like a faster Austin Eckler

Gibbs strength is something to question. Echkeler is pound for pound one of the strongest individuals in the entire league. Food for thought.

1 Like

Ekeler ran about a 4.43 in the 40…….

not sure Gibbs is really faster….

Not sure how 40 times translate but Gibbs was clocked at 22.3 MPH this year - Supposedly that is faster than any NFL player was tracked this year. He does have some jets.

1 Like

Here is a link about it - Also compares him to Alvin Kamara and Reggie Bush.

1 Like

You guys remember Brett Perriman could bench 415 lbs - INSANE!
185 lb guy…nuts

How big was Sproles? Could this guy be Sproles-like?

1 Like

This is true

1 Like

I guarantee you he runs faster than 4.43

Bush is a good comp

If the track is like last years he better

If we can get Gibbs at 48 I’m down. He’s said in interviews that the advisory panel told him late first. Obviously the draft community is skeptical of that ultimately being the case.

1 Like

I think Gibbs is more of a slasher. Like Jamaal Charkes but I don’t think he’s that level of athlete.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see Gibbs & Keaton Mitchell test. Expecting them to put up some great numbers

Umm… Achane?

1 Like

If the track is like last year, Indy is going to be silly.

Achane, Palmer, Hyatt, Mitchell, Scott, Gonzales, etc.

Should be quite a few sub 4.3s. Though I somewhat expect a different track bc a lot of folks thought last year skewed a bit towards abdurdity.

1 Like

Yeah but keeping it fast is how they get more guys to run in Indy. I bet it’s the same. The 40 is the entertainment value part of the combine, it doesn’t actually matter as much to an evaluation, especially now that GPS numbers are available to teams. Maybe the 1st ten split still matters, but otherwise I think it’s all for show.

2 Likes

I think teams are still using the 40 quite a lot. GPS is newer to the industry. Most of the people in the industry are older. Which means they’ll go with what they know, a stop watch 40 time. Change is hard for people

Yeah. It’s also how they get more football degenerates to turn in so it may be an enduring trend.

It just sucks that it throws historical comps way off. Take Jamaal Charles. His best 100m time was 10.18. He ran 4.36. If he’s running on last year’s surface I bet he’s close to a tenth of a second faster.

Ultimately i’m not sure it matters with that kind of guy.

1 Like

That’s wild, if I hear 100M time of 10.18 I’m thinking a 4.2 something guy