J.J. McCarthy's odds to be second overall pick dramatically improve

Yes but Defenses, Olines and RB’s don’t mad passing stats make if you lack top end WRs (he did). Again, the main criticism is the lack of insane passing yards. Put JJ in Washington and he’d have those insane passing yards too. When your offense can run the ball like UM’s could, it doesn’t make sense to take risks just to get your QB a top 5OA draft pick. You play to win the game.

Most SMART fans would encourage a team to sit any drafted QB at any spot for a year. There are some obviously “more” ready and I’d absolutely put JJ in that category, but yes, I’d prefer that he goes to a team that is smart enough not to throw him out there day one. At least he’s played under center and knows what a TE is. That puts him ahead of a lot of guys coming out.

1 Like

Well, most of my UM friends think he is ready and that he will go first round, a little suprised he has rumored to go top five. Yet it makes sense when you look at the scheme he ran his responsibility as @Mongoose pointed out.

1 Like

Being a big UofM fan, I rooted for Brady (except when playing the Lions). I’m hoping that JJ goes to an AFC team so we don’t have to play them that often.

Chicago trading down from 1 to 2, getting big haul and taking JJ is worst case scenario for me.

1 Like

Id bet 10k right now he goes top 10. Free money.

It is a pure haters gonna hate thing. Most of the people who talk shit also talk shit about Michigan and our fans. Most didnt watch every single game he played. They repeat media naratives.

As a michigan alumni i agree he could have used another year… but im not blind to the fact that he is head and shoulders above the rest of this qb class in certain “pro ready” attributes. He completed double the 3rd or 4th and long plays than Caleb, Drake, or Jaden did. And he did so without the wr talent they had. He has a better head on his shoulders than any of them. He could easily end up the best in the class.

3 Likes