J Ramsey

He gave up 1 TD against Mike Evans.

The Bengals got credit for a Tee Higgins TD… even though Higgins committed a face mask penalty against Ramsey that wasn’t called… so I am not sure I would count that against Ramsey for having his neck twisted. Take that 75-yarder away that should have been an obvious penalty… and Ramsey gave less that 200 yards in 4 games… against D-Hop, Evans, Deebo, and Chase.

Yeah… he is trash.

1 Like

But you can’t ignore the plays you don’t like. You and I both know that there are times Ramsey does a tug or hold, like any veteran corner, that could be called a PI but isn’t. You gave a “shoulda-land” stat. But in the games against Brady and Borrows Ramsey gave up over 250 yards and two TDs. It’s on the stats sheet.

I know you can say it was really only 175 yards and 1 TD against those two guys but izzat a number to be proud of either? Ramsey was great against mediocre QBs in the playoffs, and he was mediocre against the great QBs in the playoffs last year. He’s not the stud he was years ago,

1 Like

They put him on an island against the top WRs in the game…
week in and week out.

I’m not gonna get too worried about a few outlier plays against pro-bowl WRs… when he is a difference maker at almost all times.

He gave about 40 yards per game in the regular season… and 50 yards per game in the playoffs… and is top notch in run support as well. He gave up nearly the same yardage in 2020 when the Rams had the #1 ranked defense in the NFL.

Fair enough. On that note, we’ve worn out this topic. Have a great day Lions Fan,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.