Jaamal Williams likely gone. Who do you replace him with

Why is he likely gone?

2 Likes

Penny is talented but he just can’t stay healthy. Swift takes a lot of heat for being banged up around here. Penny makes Swift look like Ironman!

The draft is loaded with talented running backs, I think that’s where Holmes will likely be hunting.

2 Likes

That’s not what I meant. I meant he’s likely going to get bigger offers than the Lions have offered him and he’s not going to play here for less.

So I doubt he’s back.

If we can’t get Bijan, Charbonnet in the 2nd would be awesome.

Based on this free agent profile I don’t think u can replace him

2 Likes

Jamaal could be gone for 2 simple reasons:

1. I can name 4 backs in the draft not named Bijan who can play as well or better.
  2. Campbell when asked what he’d do diff his 2nd time as head coach said he wouldn’t hang on to guys he liked just because they were culture guys when there were better players to be had.

We all like Jamal but I’d actually gain respect for MCDC if he let him walk to a better payday and drafted Zach Charbonnet, Kendre Miller, DeWayne McBride, or Roschon Johnson who are all his equal or better already,

(And for that matter, trade Swift and pick up Jahmyr Gibbs to do his job).

personally, I’d love to keep JW and see wtf they are doing with Swift…and draft Bj.

1 Like

What a huge loss this would be. Losing a locker room guy like this can be devastating in the wrong situation.

1 Like

Penny makes sense. Really talented player that has big upside. And he doesn’t stop us from drafting a rookie. This is the type of player I’m expecting.

I don’t want to go into the draft with just Swift. If we do, I think I would expect Bijan at 6.

How about JSN, Bijan Robinson, and John Michael Schmitz at RG at #6, #18, and #48

When you 18.5M per for Myers, 21M per for C Lindstrom, and likely 14M per J Jacobs and we would be getting 3 guys that most would argue are comparably, if not more talented collectively?

the DTs getting 20M a year are guys who have 10-12 sacks in the NFL… we are talking about Carter who will either be gone or off our board… and a bunch of guys either under 290 pounds, guys who never played DT full time, and guy who didn’t have much production?

2 Likes

A team could have signed TJ Edwards, G Pratt, and Cam Sutton for roughly what the Falcons paid C Lindstrom…

we could have signed Pratt and Sutton for less than the Pats paid for Myers? Sorry let me pay my back 7 guys in FA and draft my OL and WRs…

1 Like

This is exactly why you draft Carter.

4 Likes

Jamaal is the perfect fit in Buffalo to team up with Cook and Hines. That’s a perfectly constructed backfield imo.

I see him bouncing for Buffalo. Also an amazing shot to play for a SB. Win win for Swaggy :pensive:

2 Likes

if he’s there, and Holmes and DC are okay with him… sure-

We don’t say- THAT IS WHY YOU… because we don’t know… The kid could be a great kid who made a mistake a time or two… or a deadbeat who doesn’t believe the rules apply to him. There wasn’t a thing a team could do to reign Pac Man in…

If Carter wants to be a first in, last our warrior… so bet it… I didn’t see leadership from him on the field though. He was the #1 recruit in the country, he was surrounded by the most talented players in the country, he won 2 national titles… He clearly preferred partying to getting ready for the combine…

I think it’s one thing as a 5-10 year vet with 50MM in the bank to celebrate the heck out of a SB… but when the 32MM fully guaranteed contract isn’t in your hands yet, and you are partying and racing instead of working out like a mad man…

I have to question if this the cause he wants to dedicate his life too, or is he naturally gifted at it…

I will be 10000% pumped to have him if we take him… but if we don’t I won’t feel like it was a loss if that makes sense. Holmbell knows we need a force multiplier at DT, and we have a shot at him and pass… that tells me that they either thought his on-field production and motor were a problem, or that his interview and baggage was awful

1 Like

As far as we know Brad and Dan would want absolutely nothing to do with Carter. Could be wrong. But if any team would take him off of their board it would be the Lions. #NOTURDS

I wanted him more than any player in the draft. But if he was rumored to be off our board before the combine day news then he is definitely off of our board now.

1 Like

Is he a doctor now?

Boston Scott

He has connection to Campbell

1 Like

It does seem like a good fit for him.

I think he’d jump at the chance to go to Buff.

1 Like

Numerous talking heads have said that Williams is a great fit for Buffalo, and he is.

Do you have a link to that? Thats interesting.