Jack Campbell Combine

I think in the 3 safety system glenn brought from the Saints the tight end is usually covered by one of them. I could be wrong though.

Yeah he was a stud in that game. I’m not saying he’s not good, just pointing out he went at the end of the 3rd. I think no matter where Campbell goes he’ll end up good. This is all about trying to figure out where he goes in the draft.

It would also be great to have a linebacker with size and a mean streak for short yardage and goal line situations.

1 Like

We also need a nickel corner badly.

Tons of promising nickel options in this class IMO.

2 Likes

This is what I saw from him on tape also. I had a 4th round grade on him but after seeing his numbers at the combine I thought I better take another look. He is just not twitchy or sudden in his movement. The last play on that clip where he has the RB dead in his sights and doesn’t even get a hand on him.is a lot of what I saw. I said before the only LBs I like are Henley and Dorian Williams. I will have to go back and look at Pappoe from Auburn also because of his numbers. For the Lions I still see a 4th round grade for Cambell but another team may value him higher.

I wanted Chenal last year instead of Paschal. He is a lot more sudden and twitchy than Cambell he just guesses wrong a lot. Actually Leo reminds me a lot of Barnes both are very explosive and when they guess right they destroy stuff.

1 Like

Composite explosion = elite
Composite ability = elite
Composite size = elite
Composite speed = great (for a middle LB)

Ray Lewis was owned a few games in his career, does this mean he wasn’t an elite LB? We always see where good football players have off weeks. B Sanders can contest to this.

1 Like

He definitely does more guessing than Campbell, that was his major flaw. Still pretty instinctive, I just think he has an animal inside of him that he needs to tame from time to time.

In the end I think this is all moot. I think our staff likes our LB corps more than anyone on here and I suspect it will be another year of moneyball at the position.

1 Like

Agreed. I think we add a Lber on day 3. My guess is that it’s Board’s replacement.

3 Likes

I saw that too. Hopefully we can grab a great one in the 3rd or later.

I’d like to see us sign Bobby Wagner just because the draft is so thin at LB.

1 Like

Me too. I expect us to try too. Though I also expect us to give him a number we’re comfortable with and say take it or leave it. I don’t think we’ll woo him or anything.

2 Likes

That’s where I have him, which is respectable for a MLB. I just don’t see him as anything special. I think his “best case scenario” is to grow into being as good as Analzone. Not really a star player. Just “a guy”. Teams need those guys as well.

That’s the one splash signing I’m on board with. But I doubt it will happen - he’s a west coast guy.

But Campbell seems to be a Campbell type guy.

1 Like

Any LB running a 4.55 is FAST for the position.
It doesn’t matter if 16 guys did it… that is fast for LB based on all historical data… even recent years.

2 Likes

Pretty much guarantees we are drafting him. Can you imagine the announcers talking about the captain of Dan Campbell’s defense being named Jack Campbell. They would never stop talking about it. Also, the other Jack we have is named Fox!

If Cap thinks Campbell was biased towards Anzalone, wait until they have the same name. Barnes is screwed. lol

2 Likes

@BigNatty …… that’s what she said…. :wink:

3 Likes

If she’s got multiple dudes in the box and isn’t panicking, she might need to tighten things up a bit!

1 Like

Sounds like she’s been well trained