Jacksonville and Detroit

Jacksonville throughly dominated a playoff team yesterday. Dominated. In LA.

Last week, they bitch slapped Indianapolis.

They look so convincing that three weeks in they’re being mentioned as a playoff contender. Pederson has these boys hitting on all cylinders.

During the off-season, most on this forum openly mocked their free agency signings. Kirk and Jones look well worth their investment. It seems obvious why they let Chark walk.

Last season, when the Urban Meyer fiasco came to an end, the Jags were left for dead. Some questioned whether Lawrence was ruined by Meyer. They were worse than Detroit, and didn’t have the sunny disposition that was afforded to the Lions.

Myself and others have been given grief by suggesting the NFL turnaround window is shorter than some on here believe. I’ve already heard many excusing this year due to a lack of talent.

It is the mantra of a loser.

We’re three games in, but Jacksonville looks playoff bound. I can’t quite make what we look like. Offense is better than I expected, but I don’t trust it. Defense looks atrocious.

I’m aware that this thread could age poorly. I hope it does. And perhaps Jacksonville is doing it with smoke and mirrors — or maybe Meyer had a great core that was merely short a better culture.

Either way, as Jacksonville rises, as does my expectations for Dan and Brad. It should for all of you as well.

10 Likes

Are you sure about that? I’m not sure they win the division and that’s probably what it will take in that division.

I like the Lions playoff odds better simply bc that last NFC WC may be low hanging fruit.

Three weeks in and they’re as convincing as anyone in the league. Tell me how they don’t.

Jags lost to the Commandos….
Lions beat the Commandos.

seinfeld GIF by HULU

8 Likes

They lost to Washington. I don’t think they have been as convincing as anyone. They drew a busted up Herbert and a lost Colts team with zero healthy quality WRs.

7 Likes

Give them our injury list and then tell me how they look.

In all seriousness it’s not surprising they’ve had success. They have some talented players on that roster. But let’s pump the brakes a bit. The Colts and chargers haven’t exactly looked like world beaters at this point in the season. The chargers lost bosa and slater to injury in the game and Herbert was already banged up. Maybe Jacksonville does make a run. They have solid receivers and running backs. Lawrence is a very talented quarterback and their offensive line is ok as far as I know. They have a tough front 7 on defense. Build through years of high draft picks.

4 Likes

By that logic, Patricia is the greatest coach in Lions history.

1 Like

They won 2 games last year.

With urban as coach. You don’t think they’d have won more if they’d hired Peterson last year?

1 Like

They had nicely slotted draft picks due to being bad. They had a shit ton of cap space and spent it.
The players they signed were fine, the contract amounts they gave out to those players seemed high.

3 Likes

Even looking at the Lions losses…

Eagles are considered a top 5 NFL team.
Eagles beat Vikings at home… in primetime.
Vikings may be a playoff team this year.

Jags beat 2 teams that weren’t playoff teams last year…
and are not exactly locks this year either….

They also spent about 1/2 a billion dollars in free agency… so they better look good soon because the window before Lawrence gets paid is already slowly closing on them.

5 Likes

I for one did not mock their off season. I for one knew our defense was going to suck, cause they threw the same shit, just to see if it stuck. We traded up to get a weapon, and we needed more defense . Lyold wouldve been a great peace with hutch.

1 Like

How about this, brother?
…we win 10, because we have superior coaching and subpar talent, but when the roster gets beefed up, we win the SB!

When the time comes, we will whip Jacksonville’s ass up one side of the street and down the other.
Hope it’s a home game for them, so I can go live again.

Were not winning 10 games. Love ya bro, but this team is one year away from that.

They don’t.
:wink:
Wait’ll the big boys find their groove. If Jax gets lucky enough to get a wildcard spot (which I doubt), they get MURDERED by Buffalo or KC (which will be the top seed who plays the bottom seed).
Meaningless football for them

The Colts tied the Texans, and the Texans suck.

2 Likes

Huge free agent signings become huge holes or detriments to your roster in a couple years. I’d rather build through the draft and have steady consistent roster development with multiple contributors then use FA as the ones who put it over the top.

Not saying we’re there yet either but it’s still very early to judge either.

2 Likes

The problem is injuries period… and much of that is drafting injures players….

Percentage of snaps missed due to injury

Decker
Jackson- 66%
Ragnow- 33%
Big V- 100%
Sewell

Hock- banged up

Goff

Swift- 50% banged up
J Will

Jamo- 100%
Chark
ASB- banged up
J Reynolds - banged up

Romeo- 100%
C Harris- banged up
Paschal- 100%
Hutch- banged up

Levi O- 100%
McNeill
Cominsky- 33%

AA
Rodrigo

AO- 33%
Okudah
Walker- 33% done for year now
Elliott.

10 of our projected 13 key contributors on offense have missed significant time or been banged up

8 of our top 13 projected top defenders have missed significant time and been banged up.

Goff
Decker
Sewell
J Williams
Chark

• 3 weeks in those are the only offensive players not seriously injured already. I’m sure they are banged up, it’s the NFL

McNeill
Rodrigo
AA
Okudah
Elliott

• that’s it on D

If this team can’t get Jonah Jackson and Jamo on the field soon… and some interior DL blows it’s gonna be a long year

4 Likes

WAS, SEA, NE, DAL, CHIx2, CAR, NYJ, MINNY, NYG

That’s not all that crazy. We need these next two. Have yo overcome the injuries.

2 Likes

Its easy, but i think injuries like always is going to catch up. Ill be happy with 7 wins

1 Like