Jacksonville Shopping Fournette

No way I give a third unless it’s some kind of pick swap where I’m getting a fourth or fifth back.

1 Like

The acquiring team would still have time to pick up his option. It would be an expensive 5th year of course.

Oh, on the contrary, players can’t have opinions or voices or they need to be traded!

I think someone will do it for a third. Probably a competitive team. Chiefs, Pats, Eagles. Someone like that. You essentially get him on a 2 year 12.5m contract.

What is with Lions fans they love slow RBs, must be qualification to run 4.6. cheep, slow and avg. A Lions fan dream.

1 Like

Yea not getting the love for Fournette. I liked him coming out too, but he has shown what he can do. Which is why I would take a hard pass on him.

6’-240lbs and ran a 4.5 forty…and you consider that slow?

He’s responding to the post about Clyde Edwards-Helaire from LSU

4.6 is not really slow when you have vision. If he was 4.5 you’d respect his speed (1/10 of a second faster?). He’s is super elusive in tight quarters, great receiving back. Can do it all. Or you would prefer a 4.4 RB that runs straight into the back of his blockers? How many RBs run 40 yards anyway? CEH will be a stud in the NFL.

Strengths

• Ball security is outstanding
  • Runs low to the ground with superb bend and balance
  • 36 percent of his carries were for first downs or touchdowns in 2019
  • Can cut-and-go without stopping anywhere on field
  • Quick gather and cut agility laterally or on downhill flow
  • Has spin move, elongated jump cut, and sudden double cut in his bag
  • Makes tacklers miss in a phone booth
  • Instinctive eyes and feet make him unpredictable
  • Alters run tempo at times to con flowing linebackers
  • Squares pads and falls forward to finish
  • Has instant access to burst and sharp one-cut angles
  • Runs crisp routes out of backfield
  • YAC are automatic
  • Kick returner for three years

Weaknesses

• Quick but doesn’t have speed to house longer runs
  • RPOs made linebackers more tentative early in run
  • Smaller back as interior runner
  • Average power near goal line or on short yardage
  • Pure speed to the corner is just average
  • Shorter arms with limited catch radius
  • Needs to crank up commitment level in pass sets

Seems like a candidate for a Marshawn Lynch type resurgence. Lynch was OK in Buffalo before exploding in SEA.

Similar style runners. Both high picks with a lot of talent.

Coincidentally we happen to have Lynch’s OC.

Trade down to 5 or 6 grab a 2nd and then down to jax at 9 for that pick and fournette… still grab one of the top 2 dt, top cb or simmons at 9. Or a stud offense tackle.

never had a full season of healthy football, BARELY made 4.0 YPC at Jacksonville, low scoring, not a solid RB …might be a healthier BO…I pass.

Move down with Chargers for 2, 37 and King. Flip 6 for Fournette and 9 (values Fournette as pick 68.) Take Brown, Simmons, Okudah or one of the tackles at 9.

Three top tier starters and two seconds and two thirds on tap for day 2.

Adding a RB to this team that is capable of 1600 yds from scrimmage is scary for opponents, especially one that fits a power run game and can physically punish a defense. The potential of getting that for a mid to late round pick or some kind of mid round pick swap is what great teams do to gain value.

Desmond King is a Detroit boy too. This would be a pipe dream to have this happen, but not 100% out of the question. Just like BQ says: It takes two teams to make a trade. Fournette for third rounder could be a steal?

More than 100 family members and friends — including King’s mother, Yvette Powell; his grandparents; several high school coaches and former teammates — will be on hand to watch the kid who grew up in the working-class neighborhood of Warrendale and starred at Detroit’s East English Village Prep Academy take on his hometown team.

“I’m very excited — you should hear all the people here talking about it,” Powell said by phone. “The city of Detroit loves my baby.”

And the baby loves his mama. Most of the King contingent will have to purchase tickets for the game and sit in the stands, but some will root for the All-Pro slot cornerback from the lap of luxury.

It would be threading the needle. I think both trades are reasonable but pulling both off would be tricky.

I would offer a 5th. Or our later 3rd for fournette and a 5th

1 Like

Depends on the talent of the RB. Overall, you’re right. But, if you can get an Adrian Petersen, or Zeke Elliot, you spend a high high pick, and be happy with elite production for a 5 year min. (of course, this risks getting a Trent Richardson, but you can’t be shy when drafting!)

Peterson is a once in a lifetime type back and has a total of 1 playoff win in his career. His hall of fame performances amounted to jack squat. Now the NFL is also more RBC than when his career started, so it’s even less of a value to take someone like him in the first round.

I would venture to guess that within months, Dallas will be full on regretting giving Zeke the extension.

1 Like

Warren Sharp
@SharpFootball

8h

Replying to

@SharpFootball

Last year, Fournette ranked dead last in success rate on early down runs in the first half. • 22 of 22 RBs (min 80 att) • 36% success rate • 10% worse than average success • Terrible in any direction • Easier than avg schedule: 9 opponents ranked 20th or worse in run D