Jacksonville Shopping Fournette

They might regret that extension, but the window they had while he was on the team was a good one. I’m of the opinion it’s all about the talent, not the position. And was Petersen’s 1 playoff win specifically his fault? I don’t get that argument. If they take Ginn, Willis or Revis they then win more playoff games?
If the Cowboys take Buckner or Ronnie Stanley, that puts them into playoff win mode?
That’s going to be a tough argument for me to get behind.

Good points. No, I’m just saying that a team that has AP in his prime has to give him his touches, for better or worse. Sometimes when you are so invested in a guy (Stafford), you have him throw the ball 600 times, or focus the offense around them and never become balanced.

I’ve seen that you can win in so many different ways in the NFL. Look at SF last year. I can’t even name their RBs. Same with Seattle. Good teams build their lines and plug RBs in a lot of times. I think we currently have 1 offensive lineman than is above league average. Therefore, most RBs, if not all, are going to struggle here.

So, draft a RB really high and wait 3 years to build a line? By the time the line is gelling, the RB is either busted up or demanding 100 million dollars.

1 Like

But you do know it’s us and we’re gonna give up our 3rd pick to fall to 9 just to get him. That what we do

Exactly what I’m thinking

Agree. My point is I don’t think it’s wise to take a guy off your board based on position.

1 Like

your right that’s why Taylor AND Swift are soooo enticing !!! Fournette ? isn’t the answer here , just more of the same.

It was alluded to a bit upthread, but Fournette is a bit of a problem child. No way the Lions cough up a pick for a potential malcontent. Just draft a kid in the 3rd or 4th and they’ll be looking to build a career and get a second contract.

Problem is you’re probably not gonna get a RB in the 3rd or 4th round that can give you 1600 yards from scrimmage.

Most likely not, you’re right. But the rook would cost just a fraction over his rookie deal and be one part of a pretty solid skills group. And even if the Lions traded for Fournette, they wouldn’t all of a sudden be building their offense around him. So there’s no chance he’d get 1600 yards from scrimmage in DET in any case. I’d like one RB and at least one WR in rounds 2-4 and the Lions should be set at the skills spots.

I’d take him if the Lions trade down from No. 3 to Nos. 9 and 20 and kick back No. 149 (the future Braden Mann pick).

Yeah, that would be very hard to turn down for sure. But do you see the Jags giving up all that?

It’s an even deal on the old Jimmy Johnson trade value chart and essentially they’re giving up Fournette for a high 5th Rd pick.

1 Like

Fournette is easily one of my favorite RB’s. I love his style so much, even though that physical style has affected his health. But who knows, if a team doesn’t build their entire offense around him like Jax did, maybe he can stay on the field. He seemed healthier last year too, after dropping some weight and toning down the contact a bit.

If Jax is going to part with him for peanuts, I say pull the trigger.

1 Like