Jahmyr Gibbs RB

I mean do people really want to draft Jalen Carter who you need a boxscore to see if he actually played today? I want guys that bring it. I don’t draft for need.

1 Like

And to pile on with Gibbs, there was a reason Barry was almost never injured. Start-stop, low center of gravity, incredible leg strength and moves like this.

Again, not comparing the two, and I love Swift. But it would be nice to have a guy where we aren’t all holding our breath every time he is tackled.

2 Likes

This guy has real talent. That’s whats important. How can we get him AND fix the defense.

So, draft a QB, save $ on QB, spend money on D-linemen, and hope one is good and the other becomes good.
I don’t see how that plan could go wrong.

Btw, Andre Ware and Trey Flowers say Hi.

1 Like

We really shouldn’t draft a QB with this running offense. Plus it was VERY good until injuries. And some happened before game 1. It’s all defense for me , unless it’s Gibbs.

I think it’s a good thread. You’re not saying we have to have him, just that we should take a look. I don’t buy every car I test drive and sometimes the practical me takes over, but then hell if you can fit the sports car in the budget, hell yeah.

1 Like

Love the idea.

Hey, guys, here’s a news flash…

A bunch of rookies aren’t making a big time impact on this defense next year. Drafting a bunch of rookies with 2nd and 3rd round picks doesn’t take this from a 32nd ranked defense to a 20th or so ranked defense overnight.

You want to know how I know that? See our defense from last year to this year.

If anything it got worse.

Signing FA’s can change that side of the ball instantly. See the 2022 Jaguars FA class.

1 Like

So we’re guarenteed to bust on the QB and the free agents?

No plan works unless the players end up being good. The defensive rookies we draft could end up being bad too.

1 Like

The guy is amazing but when he scores 4 TDs and you still lose the game, what benefit was it? Then you load up a fat contract over time and if you don’t win in 3-4 years you lose the player in all likelihood.

Getting a lower budget QB that has some mobility seems like a decent money saver without giving up much production, if any since it would probably be distributed in a different way due to play style and age, but this D needs some serious help.

Im totally for this. I’m a defense whore, but so tired of RBs made of glass

2 Likes

No way, we’re the Lions, everything always goes to plan as it should.

1 Like

Well I got a couple that agree. He’s fire.

2 Likes

I’m in

4 Likes

I think this is a very good topic. I mean they have 5 in the first 68. Is it such a risk to go all defense for four of them and use one on this kid? I wouldn’t gripe. Like myself and others have mentioned, I hate this habit of holding our breaths on the RB.

Jahvid Best - Good.
Kerryon Johnson - Good.
Kevin Jones - Good.
Mikel Leshoure - Good.
Reggie Bush - Good.
Joique Bell - Good.
James Stewart - Good.

All these to varying levels of “good” so to speak. I get it, it’s subjective. But I think you get the point.

I agre, except w/Best. I think that dude was a monster, if he wasn’t made of filament glass.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Best was the last jersey I bought. I remember that Bears game he played in.

2 Likes

Looks good so far