Jalen Carter maybe in Trouble

Oh yeah hes gonna drop off teams boards for sure

Even if he is a good guy, this is a massive amount of baggage regardless

2 Likes

Hopefully we don’t miss out on the top corner because of this.

1 Like

Maybe. Personally I’m really bothered by how cavalier the university, fan base, etc have been throughout the whole situation.

Innocent or not, had he not brought a teammate a gun a five year old still has his mom. That really bothers me.

4 Likes

young people going to be young people to a degree but man this shows such a lapse in judgement. I mean this pre-draft period is so important to his future and he does this? You hope its a wake up call and he grows up but yeesh.

3 Likes

Ford sells vehicles that cause deaths everyday. Should the Ford Family be charged with every death caused by a vehicle they sold to us?

Was the guy Miller sold the gun to a felon? Did he know what the person intended with the gun…knew he was going to murder someone?

Whole lot of levels & layers of morality here.
Sheesh.
Accident for sure, so he is not responsible for killing anyone.
Other participants chose to race
All were stupid AF
Fleeing instead of trying to help → WOW
21 year old with a lot to lose, scares shitless, drunk?..but still…not trying to save humans (that’s my biggest problem with it)
Lying to cops → ouch
When I was in high school, I raced my cara couple of times…while drinking too. just stupid…so thankful nobody ever got hurt.

When accidents happen, everything changes…especially when humans are lost.
So shitty.

8 Likes

Totally get it. I live in the middle of it. Nobody cares about what happened, they just care that they have a good march madness run. They’re not even willing to acknowledge the tragedy that happened, they just blindly look for excuses.

2 Likes

I’ve stop light raced before, but never raced anywhere near 100 mph. What an absolute idiot if true. I mean if I blow you off the line does it really make you feel better to pass me after I’ve already beat you, slowed down, and moved onto better things?

1 Like

“The toxicology report indicated that LeCroy’s blood alcohol concentration was .197 at the time of the crash.”

Yikes. Carter may be an idiot and in a significant amount of trouble, but a drunken LeCroy is the reason people (including herself) are dead, not a 21-year-old football player.

His judgement after the fact is what causes the greatest concern (for himself and NFL suitors) and is why he’s facing charges.

3 Likes

He didn’t sell it. He didn’t even know it was there. He unknowingly transported it.

1 Like

So you’re saying he’ll be available at #6?

7 Likes

Im saying he could be avalible by one of our seconds lmao

Even then, could drop more,

I cant remember a situation like this for a top 5 player right before the draft

Like allegations sure, not an active arrest warrant

You have ‘bad’ people in your company…bad things will happen. I’ve learned this lesson the hard way.

6 Likes

Real Life Love GIF by Abbey Luck

3 Likes

When Brad was wearing the Villain Lions sweatshirt at the GMFB video, I am pretty sure he didn’t mean an actual villain.

3 Likes

When did I ever say anything about charging Brandon Miller with a crime? Nate Oats had every right to decide that bringing a loaded handgun to a teammate late at night was incredibly poor judgment and deserves a suspension for a few games. Though then they would probably lose their number 1 seed of course.

1 Like

I wonder if we’ll race the card up at 100mph.

Henry Ruggs was technically an accident too. Intent matters but it won’t save you from stupid.

3 Likes

That’s his lawyer’s version of the story. There is a 300m NBA career at stake. I think it’s rather likely that reality is far more in the gray area.

The DA says there is nothing that they can charge him with. I accept that. Doesn’t change that I think the Athletic Department and HC have handled the situation in a tone deaf sort of way.

I also think they should be having the conversation of does Nate Oats have a proper degree of institutional control. Though ultimately they’re winning so much more than they’re accustomed to that I don’t think they care.

1 Like

Ruggs car made the deadly impact though. They have proof that he was drunk.

Carter is in trouble but he’s not facing THAT degree of trouble. I assume they don’t have an illegal BAC reading on Carter. So that helps him.

But if he was drag racing and that resulted in two deaths then you’d think he’s got some troubles incoming.

2 Likes