Jalen Carter maybe in Trouble

Welcome to…

tom hanks alabama GIF

2 Likes

Carter is schedule to speak at the combine now…

No way he comes out right? Crazy timing.

4 Likes

He does have an active arrest warrant atm

Already reports he left indy this morning

Again, dont think ive seen this ever for a top 5 pick

Maybe it happend in the past, but not recently

2 Likes

Athens-Clarke County Police Department has allegedly confirmed that both charges against Carter are both misdemeanors and carry a maximum penalty of a $1000 fine, 1 year in prison, and community service.

1 Like

Btw with georgia law

If does two did die cause he raced them, he is facing prison time if proven true

1 Like

This sucks all around.

The timing of his charges, though… Really? Today?

2 Likes

First question of the press conference:

Jalen, can you stand up and put your hands behind your back?

8 Likes

Looks like Waldo’s there. Must be a big deal.

1 Like

I feel like this could qualify as turd behavior in the eyes of DC. I don’t think Dan is some saint (actually he might be haha), but the conflicting reports along with leaving the scene of a serious accident, don’t look good. This really bums me out…

Kids do stupid things I get it. But when you get caught, there are consequences. I’m gonna need a little bit more info and time to see this play out. As of right now, bad taste in my mouth.

3 Likes

If a reporter asks, “Jalen, do you have the right to remain silent?” I’m supporting his Patreon.

4 Likes

Adam Anderson’s rape trial is this month. If he’s acquitted we could double down.

Did he get drafted, Adam Anderson that is?

At the end of the day, kid made a mistake that may have led to someone getting killed. Now, that’s not directly his fault. I can’t count the number of times just leaving the high school parking lot I saw kids drive this way. But especially if alcohol is involved, not great. I think the cop said he didn’t notice/smell alcohol on Carter at the time of the incident.

Not sure how he rebounds from this given the timing. It will dominate the coverage of combine through draft.

6 Likes

More details need to emerge for sure before I make any determination. Right now it looks like a kid making a really dumb decision and panicking when the worst happened. You would have to imagine when he saw the crash his whole life must have felt like it was crumbling before his eyes. He clearly panicked and fled. Then he realized that was a terrible decision so he went back. Probably thought if he told the truth he would lose everything so he lied.

Not defending him, just putting it out there that he is still a kid facing a very difficult situation and he made the wrong choice. Doesn’t mean he is an awful person.

5 Likes

I bet lions had him off their board already. Makes my statement that i gelt he would be a bust a few days ago makes me look like a proffit.

3 Likes

Most kids don’t have something to lose on the level of Jalen. It’s just a really stupid decision that is now public. It gives off the vibe I’m above the real world for me.

I hate seeing guys with potential generational wealth act like everyone else. Like I said I get it. But you were gifted talent and an opportunity to change lives that everyone dreams of. You just have to make better decisions than your peers.

1 Like

No. Things came to light before that year’s draft.

Very different situations of course. I was just being naughty.

Man, this is a huge blow for the kid… We all do stupid shit, I’ve raced hundreds of times between 17-20, most of the time with at least some alcohol in my system… I understand kids are dumb, they do dumb things, we all do it so I’m not upset or looking at it as a negative as far as his character is concerned. Lying to avoid trouble, I also understand, but that’s where the concern comes in… Gotta be accountable. He may be La’el Collins in this draft… Don’t take me if you’re not taking me in the first… Wait for the legal stuff to get sorted out and see where it ends up.

Do I take him at 6 now? Idk, I need more info… At 18? If he’s not serving jail time, yes, I take him if I sense he understands the gravity of the situation and has true remorse.

2 Likes

It’s mostly going to be how teams judge the PR nightmare vs the player upside. Risk vs. reward.

5 Likes