Jamaal Williams Signs with Saints

Their odds to make the playoffs are going to be same is as ours.

1 Like

Maybe. He was the only FA that got more than a one year contract from Brad in the first year. Maybe like Brockers, Jamaal was seen as a culture guy who had more playing chops. Whatever effect Jamaal (and Brockers) had, the culture has been pretty well set with Danimal at the helm, and so his value as cultural tone setter is less and we’re left with his value as a RB.

David Montgomery brings more to the table as a running back and some glue for the culture too. So that’s good for the Lions.

And Jamaal should be good for the Saints in their dire situation.

4 Likes

Best Wishes Swaggy! I 'm thankful for your time as a Lion.

I do have to admit that Monty signing made this much easier for me. Was that a Ninja move by Holmes???

Swaggy couldn’t play on the same team with Hutch after Hutch snagged that prime Anime award show slot. There’s only so much a man can take…

100% agreed brother!! I think Monty is going to run wild behind our line. He had the most broken tackles in the nfl last year I believe. Wait until he actually has holes to run through.

3 Likes

3 years, $12m, $8m guaranteed!
WTF!
Is it because Duece is gone?

1 Like

Really hard not to like this guy. Definitely favorite two year player.

9 Likes

The only Ninja on the team is named Fox! Get it right @Wolfhound32 - Don’t make me put you on ignore.

2 years younger and exactly the same # of NFL carries.

It’s been a while, kellmellus50. What ya got? Bring it!!

I read an article earlier that Kamara might not even play again. I can’t find it. He’s in some sort of legal trouble.

Yea he’s being sued for like 10 million after beating the crap out of some dude at a nightclub I think it was. He didn’t Like any tweets on Twitter though, so he should be good!

He’s one special dude. He was essential to our growth as a team. I’d say he was far more important than whatever influence Brockers had, though that’s just me guessing.

What’s more Ninja a Hairy Fox or Bald Brad. @BigNatty WTF kind of conundrum have created here?!?!?

It was clear, as Holmes said, that there was a willingness from both sides to get something done. My strong guess is that his agent over valued his value, balked at our original offer which was probably in the 4mill range. When they said no, we’ll take a look…we moved on. No issue to either side…Smart for him to try and get the most he could but it just wasn’t there for a back of his age. Smart for lions to take as an opportunity to move on from a clearly beloved player by the coaches and do whats right for the organization…IMPROVE the room. Whats clear is Monty is gunna be a guy just as dangerous to pass as run. That wasn’t Swaggys game. He’ll be just as tough as Shaggy in the goal line game.

4 Likes

:grimacing:

Nobody was as tough in short yardage/goal line as swaggy. That’s gonna be tough to match.

Brockers was terrific behind the scenes, holding water bottles, filling them. Sometimes even mixing the gatorade. The blue kind was his favorite to make. Alim loves that stuff.

2 Likes

Favorite non-Lions player for sure.

That being said, it’s a cut throat league and we deserve a freaking playoff win. Monty is a better back who allows us to run the whole playbook on early downs.

I also think a lot of the talk about turning 4-5 yard runs into ten yard runs was focused on Swaggy. How many times deed we block up inside zone, a trap or whatever in between the tackles run and Jamaal is one up on a safety and couldn’t make him miss?

3 Likes

Good news is, you can find a guy for half the price to replace those things easily.

Love Jamaal, but the dude didn’t really create anything on his own. Very few broken tackles. Just got what was there. BJ’s quotes were very telling.

3 Likes