Jamaal Williams Signs with Saints

I’m sure that’s what his agent told him…

4 Likes

GIF by moodman

1 Like

mmm

could be saving face tbh

idk, reports are he got offers similar to DM

and reports are saying otherwise that we didnt

hes also 28 next year

im on the side that we tried to offer him the same as DM, but he tried to get more on the market, and overplayed after we signed DM

2 Likes

Just my 2 cents, But I don’t think we wanted him back all that much. They love the dude and what be brings to the locker room, but just listening to BJ’s comments after the season about the running game and turning those 4 or 5 yards gains into bigger plays and needing to break more tackles. Etc, etc.

Then we sign the running back with the most missed tackles in the nfl. It adds up.

4 Likes

I think that’s true. If he would have come back for cheap, great, but he’s not so special a back we had to have him. Like most RBs, he’s entirely replaceable. And honestly one spike year behind our OL with our play-caller is probably fool’s gold, the rest of his career is more real.

I fully expect Montgomery to be much, much better.

3 Likes

See ya Jamal and btw get a real agent!!!

Not the Lions fault u bet on yourself and lost!

1 Like

I’m sure that it was. I think the Lions might be trying to spin it. Kind of like how they trade to spin Slay and Diggs as being locker room problems.

3 Likes

It could be his schtick was less loved by the brass than we thought. It all did seem a little self promoting and attention seeking

2 Likes

Probably both. There’s either compromise or there’s not.

When there’s not…well it’s his fault he tried to play us. well it’s their fault they disrespected me.

Yada Yada. Just like @LineBusy says he’s gone I don’t care… so F him too and Elliot lol

2 Likes

We probably need to spin it honestly, given how beloved he was. We don’t want to get a reputation for not rewarding guys who give us their all. I think Montgomery’s a major upgrade personally, but there’s definitely some work to do from an optics pov

1 Like

Oh they will be coming for you!

It’s like going through a breakup with a girl… she’s telling her friends it was her idea and he’s telling his buddies it was his idea!

Yep agreed. If I were him and I am not, but if I were, I would pull a Trump on my agent.

Mr. Agent, Your fired!

I think Jamaal ended up settling for less AAV than he would have received from the Lions, but I find it hard to believe they offered him a 3 year deal at 28 years old.

In other words, I wonder if the Lions offered him something like 2 years $11 Million.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s my thinking too. Maybe even less than that. With an out after the 1st year.

It’s the length of the contract that matters more to Brad IMO, especially with older players. Not the cost.

2 Likes

I was put off at first because of my affection for Jamaal even though I knew Montgomery was the better fit on the field but I don’t care anymore, what’s done is done.
This person said this, this other person said that and then the other said something different. Who cares? Jamaal is a New Orleans Saint and Monty is a Detroit Lion so I now root for Monty and wish Jamaal the best. End of story

4 Likes

Well now were hearing a different story:

1 Like

I’m a bit sad now . . . I feel for Jamaal.

1 Like

Maybe the $10 million rumor was what he was looking for as far as guaranteed money? Idk, I think he earned his previous contract and was likely offered a similar deal from Detroit. Maybe he felt he outperformed his contract… I’d guess the deal the Lions offered was 2 years in the $9-10 million range with half guaranteed… But it’s all speculation

2 Likes

So who do you believe Mienke or Birkett? Who has the better sources…who is more connected?

2 Likes