James Houston

That is an amazing stat. Hutch leads all rookies with 6 in 659 snaps. If we gave Houston all of Hutch’s playing time he would have 116 sacks. Fire DC!! He’s had bad clock management and cost us 110 sacks at only one position. We could be 12 - 0 at this point.

8 Likes

Too funny. LT would go spastic.

2 Likes

I doubt he would have 116 sacks. At least 1 of those would have been called back for roughing the passer vs the Cowboys and another 1 would have been called back for illegal contact downfield vs the Packers. So 114 would be tops right now.

10 Likes

I’ve been hungover from all the koolaid yesterday but shit you got me… 116 sacks, pure gold, post of the month, haha.

Trailer Park Boys Beer GIF by hero0fwar

5 Likes

Houston has shown to be rn our best 3rd down pass rusher no question

he makes them plays, absolute baller pass rusher

4 Likes

I thought Deion was the champion for HBCUs but apparently it was just a steppingstone to the show.

3 Likes

Yea, that’s what I was thinking too. What about all those players he recruited and got to go to Jackson state that pretty much went there because he’s Deion.

In the end, it’s all about money, his new contract will pay him 5.9 mill per season over the next 5 years.

3 Likes

5 Likes

If he does well at Colorado I bet he’s coaching at a big time program in the SEC or big 10 in the next 3-4 years.

2 Likes

Lol it’s been a rough Monday but yesterday was a blast! I’ve been moving slow all day today too

2 Likes

Deion did more for HBCU football than most people in the last 5 decades. He put Jackson State on the map, ESPN GameDay came to the campus and he’s leaving the program in a 10x better situation than they were in previously. He not only improved the facilities at JSU, he helped to get funding to upgrade facilities for other HBCU’s. Jackson State is now “primed” and ready to hire its next head coach, for a job that is now significantly more desireable than when he got there.

If someone thinks he can’t champion the HBCU cause without being the head coach at a HBCU…they need to go get a head coaching job at a HBCU. Brad Holmes can support HBCU’s while being the GM of the LIons. He doesn’t have to be the AD at one. The difference is Deion actually did it. He didn’t just talk it. And now people want to talk shit like doing it and leaving it better than he found it is less than never doing it a all. Bullshit.

7 Likes

Possible… that is one terrible Colorado team though… I think they won 1 game this year.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said, deion is just a lightning rod and with that will come both criticism and praise. I am not the biggest fan of his but not going to argue the guy didnt do good for hbcu or that he doesnt support it just because he made a career focused move.

4 Likes

They have announced they are changing transfer rules and also their NIL program. Deion has already got them making changes others couldn’t and his presence will be excellent for recruiting, may take a minute but he will get there.
Then…
on to FSU.

3 Likes

I said no such things, other than he chose to leave. I don’t expect any Deion bump to last that long though. His pull was strong but his legend is not such that his ghost can do the same thing. We’ll probably see his top recruits jump to his new team.

2 Likes

Harbaugh was able to get Stanford to change some of their policies to open things up to get better recruits.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re not supposed to be allowed to hit a QB that low.
I’d probably have to agree with him that it was not legal per the rules.

1 Like

Fully expecting that!

1 Like

Are you allowed to hit a QB anywhere though!? High is no good, low is no good. Maybe you can tickle him to the ground!? Looked like Houston was being pushed by the tackle to me.

2 Likes

To me it looked like he initially got him around the waist, and then like you said the tackle pushed his back down. It was close for sure though.

1 Like