James Webb telescope

Very cool…

So, its like a giant fire escape. Putting it in idiot terms for my understanding…

— it wouldn’t have been noticed at all had the supernova not been so bright. Its existence suggests that it could represent another population of faint, modest galaxies billions of light years away that our sky surveys haven’t really detected yet.

OR

The light we are seeing could stop at anytime, which COULD mean that The Edge of The Universe has bounced back and is wiping everything out. OR Aliens tore a hole in reality and everything is being deconstructed down below the Planck Length. OR those low budget made for TV schlockfest Kingsian awful Tommyknockers went hard a port, and are making headway towards us.

Really what I am saying is we have no idea what is happening beyond the edge of this Universe…like none. Zero. And we never will. Unless its Really Really Bad and Unfathomably Fast.

here to help GIF by MailChimp

Agree and I call in the final countdown!

1 Like

Well, if we do if would seem that my last words will be, “Huh, that didn’t end well.”

Highly underrated '80s movie, well maybe not underrated, but definitely an '80s movie. :smiley:

6 Likes

I loved that movie. I mean upon rewatch it’s not…great… but you know you could have a remake of that right now. have michael bay do it.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing for years, a remake would be awesome (if done right)!

1 Like

especially with all the multiverse stuff in movies. You could have them go back in time, and actually stop pearl harbor, and then have it shown where they help dominate the naval battles in ww2, no nukes used japan surrenders much earlier and then it’s used to help in the european theater.

and then show the changes in the time line. Say because of that happening to japan for some reason we can’t get the scientists out of germany so they end up making nukes for hitler who uses them on england and russia. germany still falls because hitler was coocoonutso but the damage would be incredibly severe. then have the storm pop up again and they have a choice to stay or go back.

2 Likes

:scream::poop: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

(The last one is for Michael Bay)

Yeah, I’d want someone like Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Kathryn Bigelow, Oliver Stone or Terrence Malick. Heck, even Old Man Eastwood.

If Japan decides not to attack Pearl Harbor, based on their encounter with this ship, the U.S. doesn’t enter WW2 when they do. The isolationists were winning up until the Pearl Harbor attack.

You know this thread and all the revelations have reminded me of something Mark Twain once said. “Education is the path from cocky arrogance to miserable uncertainty.”

1 Like

oo that would work too. japan would probably make deals/attack elsewhere for oil, germany would grow a bit unchecked and the scientists would stay. Probably the first thing they’d try to nuke would be the nuclear carrier.

If it eliminates sushi from the face of the earth, I’m in!

Will Smith GIF by Carpool Karaoke: The Series on Apple Music

1 Like

Hence why FDR blockaded them and cut off their oil supply, as well as their rape victim pipeline from Korea. No bunker fuel and no comfort girls was the last straw and the Japanese went right to Hail Mary like they wanted them to.

Oh good, more dark matter info…

The cosmic dawn.

1 Like

My first question is if they only recently found this, how do they know it is “evolving”? Wouldn’t you have to know what it’s original state was and then prove it was actually evolving?