Jameson Williams showed why Detroit Lions drafted him, and why there's reason to worry

Well Banks was step for step with Jamo so not sure what Baldingers point is on this one. Also that was a good throw, one of very few, by Suds.
Not disputing Jamo has the jets, but this example isn’t the best

1 Like

If anyone that played yesterday for the giants could stay with jamo it would be banks, yet jamo still had enough separation and positioning to make the catch.

That is the only play yesterday where jamo frustrated me, showed the athletic ability to be a star but the focus on the catch below the level of my preschooler

Banks gave him an 8-yard cushion and Jamo ate it up in like one second then turned for the ball. Very good coverage by Banks and the execution was spot on apart from the drop.

He needs to stop rounding off his outs.

I believe I heard Baldy talking about Banks having speed too

Ill refrain from panicking until this is happening when Jared Goff is throwing the football.

1 Like

I’ll reserve my judgement on Williams until the end of the season. In my eyes, he’s still a rookie not even halfway through a season. This was game 7. It takes reps against defenses and time with your QB to finally just be able to concentrate on catching the ball. Now, he’s reading while running, guys are on his heels. The windows are smaller. And he has to learn on the fly. And lastly, Nate Sudfeld, who’s not a good thrower of the ball was throwing. Confidence and comfort are huge to a WR. That’s why experts say don’t judge a WR until about their 3rd season.

I think he’ll be much better around week 11. That’s 5 games after his suspension has ended. Until then…:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yes, I thought something was off in his jump and said so in the game thread.
However, in reading the article this morning and I posted a few things from it, sounds like he may have been trying to stop the int from happening. Clever football move is how the writer described it.
I don’t know if accurate, but as I didn’t see the entire route I can’t say yes or no.

Agreed, reps is what he needs the most. He got over 50 snaps yesterday, did a few good things, consistency on routes and his hands are clearly areas to improve on. But, we can see the speed, it’s there. Get him another 50+ reps in preseason game 2 and game 3. Like you said, he’s essentially a rookie.

Would love to see him get reps with Goff, but we know that aint happening because Goff won’t be playing in preseason games. Hopefully they are getting a ton of reps together in the joint practices.

2 Likes

No hints necessary. As DC said, he is starting from square one this offseason and with the suspension coming he is going to get a ton of playing time to speed up the learning curve.

I thought the play he made to stop an interception happened on a different play because he didn’t do anything at all to stop this interception. In fact, the miss-timed jump seemed like it caused the interception…but wtf do I know?!?

Let’s be honest here:

It’s really that one drop on the deep over route, right? If he hauls that in everybody is satisfied with Jamo’s performance.

1 Like

Jamo changed the game?
2 catches for 18 yards and 2 points.
What is balldinger on?

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

1 Like

Spacing matters … A LOT.

Referring to opening-up the underneath. Did we have a lot more underneath success with Jamo running deep routes yesterday?..like I said, I didn’t watch the game that intently so I don’t know.

Are we really going to take the credit away from sudfeld on that interception? You all are acting like he ducked the ball like pettigrew or sat back and watched it happen.

It was a terrible pass and the fact we blame jamo for the interception is a joke… in fact i believe if it was laporta or gibbs nobody blames anyone but sudfeld.

2 Likes

If it was tipped at the line, why would the Giants or anyone expect a flag there?

I loved the Jamo pick because of that special talent.

We drafted him solely for that reason.

He will be a weapon for us but my concern is that he may never really be a true number one but he will be a top complimentary WR.

1 Like

I think that’s becoming more likely. But if he’s healthy Will Fuller that can still help us a lot. Though I think he’s a good bit more special after the catch than Will.

1 Like

That’s one thing many of us kept saying last year, how hard is it to throw the dude a slant or a WR screen. Get the ball in his hands and let him run. The 40+ yard reverse last year was a good example of this. It doesn’t have to always be deep balls, that’s what she said!

1 Like