Jameson Williams showed why Detroit Lions drafted him, and why there's reason to worry

There are 4 defenders within a reasonable distance there…
2 in front and 2 behind him…
the ball shouldn’t have been thrown to Jamo.

Right and I think the YAC is what gets him into the flow of the game.

1 Like

found a clip of the drop. Gator armed it a little. Nice ball by Sudfeld. And nice route by Williams

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1690145219147436040?s=20

No. He did. Whether or not it was a wise decision to do so in a preseason game, and would he do it when it counts, is really the question

Yep. Very lackadaisical effort by Williams.

1 Like

He needs a Roy Kent

Ted Lasso Yes GIF by Apple TV

2 Likes

Can someone remind me how Jamar chase did in his first training camp and preseason?

Yep. This. Chase was horrid. Dropped everything.

Seemed to be fine in regulat season.

Lots of people gonna be eating crow about this kid. He is gonna be okay. The maddening stuff that I have referenced was stuff like what we saw……he dropped a sure td……it’s gonna happen. More often w him than say others perhaps. But I’ll leave you with this the most famous drop in Calvin’s history doesn’t get talked about in the Dallas playoff game……….in his hands and he just dropped it………

1 Like

Great coverage by a rookie CB in his first game as well.

I’ve not been a Jamo fan, kids as dumb as a box of rocks and acts it. We’ll see what his NFL career look like but I hope I’m wrong that he won’t get a 2nd contract from us.

2 Likes

I had thought of Willy Mays Hayes but Jamie Tart isn’t a bad Jamo comp either.

1 Like

as a WR…tipping the ball up in the air over the middle is worse than letting it go. People are funny…the pass was atrocious yet it’s being labeled as an effort issue by Jamo.

If it was a different WR, the focus would be solely on the pass. It’s beyond obvious…he’s the new Swift, Stafford, etc…he’s the guy that’s gonna get bagged on. Warranted or not.

2 Likes

Relaxed Go With The Flow GIF by Apple TV+

Jamo needs some Dan Lasso

Wait a minute…….

Dan’s a first time head coach……

Sheila’s a rich blonde who you wouldn’t think would be good at running a football team…

We have some young players who could use a gruff old mentor with championships and a connection to the team who can teach them how to be professional and go the extra mile…

Ndamukong Suh Celebration GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2 Likes

If he says f$ck every third word we’re cooking.

1 Like

I would be okay with suh if his heart/mind was in it, at the same time i am not sure he cracks that dline room based on the way guys were flying around yesterday. I know it was a preseason game but suh isnt the same guy he was before he left here.

1 Like

Maybe I’ve had an edible and some wine (I have) but let’s bring him in as a coach! He has allllll the Dan Campbell energy…

Perfect ball by Sudfeld. The coverage was very good, yet Sudfeld put it precisely where Jamo SHOULD have caught it but the defender had no chance.

Yes, if Jamo catches that one (and retains possession) the narrative would doubtless be different. Problem is, 1) he didn’t catch it; 2) it’s no surprise that he didn’t.

Some folks are wondering if Jamo will start when he gets back from his suspension. My guess is no. For one, except for being the fastest guy we’ve got he hasn’t earned it and the coaching staff has insisted that guys have to earn it. Second, he won’t even have practiced for six weeks. Minimally, they’ll want to give him a week w/Goff before giving him a ton of snaps, much less a starting position. And, third, IF the offense and especially the passing game are flowing well, that’ll be a good reason to ease Jamo back in. Let’s hope that’s the case.

Wrong, he will have just practiced for the previous two weeks. Or is that just back at the facility? I thought it was practice after week 4.