Jameson Williams showed why Detroit Lions drafted him, and why there's reason to worry

No wine for me, but had an edible, will Jack Campbell be the Lions best linebacker ever? I say, likely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. According to Profootballnetwork.com: “After serving half of his suspension, Williams can return to the Lions’ Allen Park facility for workouts but will not be allowed to take part in practice until the entire suspension has been completed.”

He can attend meetings after 3 weeks… and possibly practice sooner than 6 weeks if he gets an exemption.

1 Like

I would agree. That was a pretty bad pass by Sudfeld on that one. But the pass where Williams doesn’t appear to put full effort into catching was not a bad pass. That was a good pass and should have been caught. What’s your opinion on that one?

Swift earned his detractors over time. Everyone was on the Swift train when we first drafted him. As the injuries piled up year after year folks really lost confidence that he could be relied on. And then the second half of last season when he came back (from yet another injury) he seemed to be playing really timid. I can’t blame folks for jumping off the Swift gravy train. I never really saw any undue hate for Swift.

100% with you on Stafford. There was definitely a segment of folks on this board (still are) that never saw the talent that Stafford was and railed after every interception or incomplete pass as if he was the only QB that ever missed a throw or threw an interception. So glad he got his Super Bowl, in part that it shut his detractors up.

Goff is now kind of going through the same thing. He has his detractors in this board that will never be happy with what he produces for us on the field. It will get worse next year when Hendon will be available as his back up. There is no doubt in my mind that some on here have already made up their mind and want Hendon to be our QB and Goff gone.

1 Like

I’m a Jamo defender (put me on record), but THAT quote from Campbell is damning praise.

He needs to spend his 6 week suspension in Amon-Ra-like discipline practicing routes and catches 4 hrs a day.

1 Like

I agree, figured it was another message being sent.

I think Jameson is getting The Ebron Treatment actually. Fans get pissed when a high draft pick is immature on and off the field. Then lord help him if he’s anything less than a star during games,

I’ll be the one giving Jameson Williams credit where he earns it and give him grief when he messes up .

What I won’t do is sit around bashing the man every day or chance I get !

2 Likes

@wolfcub36 agreed. Do I have concerns? Yes. Is he talented? Yes. I will just be patient and see how it all turns out. Who the hell knows, so what’s the point in bashing or not?

Yikes, let’s hope he doesn’t turn out like Ebron. I have faith that Coach Campbell won’t let that happen.

1 Like

Well right now the discussion is about what he did on the field yesterday. So I personally don’t see it as being out of line.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s not Ebron. I’m saying fans are reacting to him the same way that they did Ebron because they are both immature 1st-round picks.

1 Like

the guy is learning, he’s going to miss time this season to boot 6 %&!@!#$ games, that won’t ‘help’ him any . and he’s not had a ton of PT anyway-so again, I’m not bashing the guy.

Ebron was allergic to the football…Jamo is trying to better himself even with limited PT.

2 Likes

Ebron was a dumb pick. A TE in the top ten is almost never a good decision. Didn’t help most of the board wanted and expected Donald

I don’t recall many who were upset over Williams. Maybe surprised but not many upset

I think the concern is real and very warranted. And if the coaching staff didn’t share the concern he wouldn’t be playing the entire first preseason game

He could very well be one of the best WRs on the game. But he needs to focus, keep his head on straight learn the playbook and run better routes

2 Likes

Jamos drop? Is that what you are referring to? Yeah that’s as bad a drop as it gets. Roast him for that…fine with it.

Swift was a really good player. Was he soft…sure was. But he was still a really productive part time player. He still suited up for 40 of his possible 50 lions games. He was a decent second round pick. Problem with the guys who disliked Swift was they wanted him to be a horse or top 5 player. Fact is he was a committee back and a pretty darn good one. Almost 3,000 yards and 25 touchdowns in 3 seasons. He was bashed on the reg and most of it was unwarranted. Dude averaged ~70 yards on a game on about 12 touches…

2 Likes

Didn’t help Swift he had the victory of his first game as a Lions fall right between his hands

Correct this played a factor for sure. Exactly what I’m saying. People make up their minds early and stick to it way too easily.

Jamo hasn’t even had a shot yet.

3 Likes

Nailed It GIF by The Voice

2 Likes

Gonna date myself here. The return of Earl McCullough. All speed no hands.