Jameson Williams showed why Detroit Lions drafted him, and why there's reason to worry

You taking notes, @HSVLion.

2 Likes

If I tried that she’d probably hold up a red bulb and say ‘beet it creep’

1 Like

But then after I tell her what my celery is, she’d perk up and hold up some corn. and whisper ‘I love it when people nibble on my ear. It feels a-maize-ing’

LOL

Also I move in on Friday so if I forget you guys need to remind me to show you my dorm room. It’s going to be decked out in Lions stuff.

Just make sure if you invite your future dates to this site they know what HSV is, or rather, isn’t an acronym for

2 Likes

My god, at least state things that are accurate.

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

1 Like

Lol did everyone just hear that! I got called a Homer!!! That has to be the first time in my entire life :joy::joy::joy:

I definitely fall into the hater category of fandom. @Richard_Parker is absolutely correct. But interpret what you think I said anyway you’d like.

Since when has that been a requirement for trolling?

Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

2 Likes

Unless he’s named Tony Gonzalez then I’m okay with it.

1 Like

Didn’t Holmes pretty much say that’s what he did though!? Jamo tore his ACL very late in the college season, in fact I believe it was the national championship game. It was always pretty far fetched he played much in 2022.

1 Like

Of what NOT to do.

1 Like

Sure. Minor details.

1 Like

All indications and statements by DC and Holmes was they expected Williams to play in 2022. When was the question mark.
I already posted one quote from DC stating this and there were several others last year. The notion that game 7 this year is really his first real game is just silly in my opinion and just another excuse being made on why Jamo still is not running crisp routes, or making plays he should, etc…
We just need to accept what he is, a speedster with moderate receiving skills that allowed him to shine in one college season. Not that this is bad but right now that is what he is RIGHT NOW. He may develop into something more but who knows.

I was just tired of the excuses being made for him so far because of all the high expectations set. I’ll excuse myself from any more Jamo threads now.

I’m not making excuses for him. This is his first training camp, he needs a ton of reps, Coach Campbell said exactly that last week about Jamo needing a ton of game reps. He got 50+ last week, hopefully he gets 50+ more in the next 2 games.

From Coach last week…

“It’s not an excuse but he hasn’t practiced. I mean, he didn’t practice last year. He came in during the year and we kind of had a couple of plays for him here and there … and he was hurt last week, so man the longer we can keep him on the field and just keep working through these things, he’ll get better,” he said.

Sorry that wasn’t intended for you, just in general on the game day thread and post game threads.

He does need the reps, but I still only see moderate WR skills. Route running is average at best, and as stated by some on here the hands are not elite. So like I said, a speedster with moderate receiving skills. I am hoping he can develop his route running, aka crisper routes, because I don’t think he can make up for that with his speed like he did in college, IMHO.

1 Like

How dare members of the fan base defend their players! Truly deplorable behavior!

You are just expecting to see Randy Moss or OBJ right now and I guess you are getting impatient because its not gonna happen just yet… :man_shrugging:

That is pretty amusing given I have already stated my expectations are mediocre for Jamo. Already said he is a speedster with average WR skills, don’t expect much more than that but if he develops the route running skills then he may become more.

So how did you get the idea I expected him to be Randy Moss or OBJ right now???

Because even though you claim to not have those expectations you remain critical. If you don’t expect much from him then what is there to contest from other posters who are hopeful? You don’t have to get into a back n forth and put labels on people who see something different from you if that is truly the case….right?

True, you make a good point. Kind what started this was all the excuses or should I say reasons being stated that Jamo wasn’t tearing it up. Everyone has set such high expectations for him that he is set to fail. IMHO he isn’t an elite WR although taking him at 12OA kind of set that expectation for some.
Like I said I hope he develops and works on some of his short comings, only time will tell.

s