Jameson Williams’ speed wows: ‘If you can’t run 4.2, you better start backing up

Based off of college really, not the pros. He’s not really a better prospect than Achane to me. The pick shocked the hell out of me. But it is what it is. Not one of Brad’s better moments considering we already had Swift who is probably a better pure running back.

I understand what you are saying especially when you look at some of the other backs that would have been available in rd 2.
Still too soon to say definitively it is one of his poorer moments, script isn’t finished.

You have every reason to be skeptical of Jamo, I have no idea why you’re being jumped on and even mocked for having that opinion.
I was a huge fan of Jamo coming out of Alabama, still am, but it’s also almost midway through his 2nd season and he hasn’t done anything yet so until he does, skepticism is warranted.

I’m excited for his return but I think expectations should be measured for now and maybe the rest of this season. The Lions are going to be a team that matriculates the ball up the field, I don’t expect a lot of deep shots, and by previous accounts Jamo has struggles with the playbook and with drops so considering all the development time he’s lost due to multiple injuries and suspension, it might take a while to see what he’s really made of which might not be until next season since this one has been sidetracked already. Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing him on the field on Sunday.

I do. Because it’s moronic.

This is the dumbest possible way to look at this.

Jamo was drafted with the idea he wasn’t going to play meaningful snaps in 2022, and he didn’t. He gets a handful of snaps near the end of the season, and literally (as in literally literally, not figuratively literally) every touch he does get results a big play.

He then gets a BS suspension because Goddell is a cloaca (simultaneously an anus and a vagina), and therefore hasn’t played in 2023.

Jamo, for all intents and purposes, is basically a couple of games into his rookie season. There’s nothing to be skeptical of yet.

Those who want to prognosticate that Jamo is going to fail so that they can be among the leaders in “best sports guessing”, have at it. Similarly, armchair GMs who didn’t like the pick and/or the trade-up and need to run Jamo down for validation of their draft takes, you do you, I guess.

But let’s not pretend this weirdly-common attitude of “this is the last straw for this bum” is reasonable or logical, because it’s neither.

3 Likes

It’s not dumb, it’s not moronic. That poster talked about Jamo’s drops which is an actual thing then got jumped on for saying that for some odd reason when he has actually had drop issues. He didn’t say Jamo was a bust, neither he or I said he was going to fail, that’s you projecting something that wasn’t said. The “you do you” stuff about my opinion is completely unnecessary because I never said he’s going to fail so you can save that lecture for somebody else.

As I said, I’m a fan but I’m not going to get on somebody for being skeptical of a player that hasn’t done anything on the field yet in his 2nd season and has had a case of the dropsies when he has. There are reasons for some skepticism.

It’s up to Jamo to quell those concerns and until he does, some people have the right to be skeptical.

Edit: @OneLegLionsFan did say he hopes Jamo changes his mind and won’t be a washout in 3 years so there was some bust insinuation. That’s my bad for not picking up on that originally

A couple long TDs tomorrow will whiplash our perception of Jamo back to where it should be. Jamo HAS to be accounted for, even if that doesn’t happen. I hope he stays healthy while he ramps up.

1 Like

Honestly in this 1st game with Jamo, without ARSB and given the fact that Jamo has not had a lot of practice time. I would love to see use be creative, something like a few diamond formation with Monty, Gibbs, and Jamo as RBs in the backfield. You woukd really have the defense on there heals with something like that.

This play happened too. Without the Nelson penalty, 2022 would show 3 touches including a 41 yard TD, 40 yard rush, and 65 yard TD. You think Carolina won’t notice that Jamo is on the field?

2 Likes

Jamo’s drops ARE NOT an issue though. If they are….then where?? What drive(s) did he stall with his drops?? What game did he cost the Lions with his drops?? He’s not Eric Ebron, whose drops were an issue because it costs the Lions TDs and games. Jamo’s drops has had no such negative affect.

1 Like

jamo’s drops is a very silly conversation, imo

the guy has had like 4 passes thrown at him
WTH, man?

Never an issue in the past.
Herman Moore did a breakdown of his route running, and said it was FANTASTIC…

Sounds to me like there IS an issue, but it has nothing to do with drops, gambling, route running, etc…it has to do with PROFESSIONALISM…

Go learn the playbook and be as professional of a pro as you can be, Jamoss… everything else is already in place.

2 Likes

That’s what I wanted to hear and see…. If Jamo is ready, willing, and open he will get the rock his way tomorrow. If he catches it, he will get more.

We need a speed player. We need a big play threat We really need one tomorrow. Let’s hope it’s him

1 Like

Well sure we all do but to say never seen a player with all this support;;; after playing six games, almost like smartest guy on the board post similar to Detroit’s GM smartest guy in the room when it comes to drafting.

:wink:

Sure, but this place is the M.I.T. of silly conversations

Gotta get on the field in order to show that speed off…he better play tomorrow.

2 Likes

They activated him for the game i heard, same with julian

There is more to the story…his attitude off the field in house sucks. Heres hoping he plays…

1 Like

Well that is puzzling…

Williams (not injury related) is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against Carolina.

This would seem to be the Lions’ way of suggesting that Williams may not be ready to play even though he’s healthy and no longer suspended. It also adds to concerns about his potential workload in the event he’s active ahead of the 1:00 p.m

1 Like

So you want to give up LaPorta or Branch for a RB?

1 Like

As a long time Lions fan who has seen all of the top receivers come thru the pipeline, you should remember some of these names. Herman Moore had 11 catches for 135 yards his rookie year. Johnnie Morton had 3 catches for 39 yards his rookie year. Brett Perriman was a bust that New Orleans gave up on (2nd round pick). He had 16 catches for 205 yards as a rookie.

Jamo was coming off ACL surgery and the staff was cautious with his usage when he came back. As Dan says, we need to give a guy “3 camps” to figure out whether he’s got it or not. That gives the player enough time to show what he’s got and gives the staff enough time to learn the player and how to best utilize him. This was Jamo’s 1st camp, and we haven’t seen what he looks like after having a camp.

2 Likes

If Jamo is not playing tomorrow and is out for non-injury reasons, it’s time to be concerned. Concerned about who is up for debate, but concern would be definite. Hopefully just hot air.

3 Likes