Jameson Williams’ speed wows: ‘If you can’t run 4.2, you better start backing up

Why would they activate him just to then sit him? From what I understand they had the option to not yet activate him and save the roster spot. I’m sure that he will play but it’s likely very few snaps. I’m fine with that. I’d rather it be 12 snaps rather than 4 snaps but I get it. The shortening of the suspension and the rules that prohibited Jamo from preparing the weeks prior makes it tricky.

1 Like

Anybody that is expecting a heavy workload out of him this week isn’t being realistic.

2 Likes

That’s fair, but I’d at least expect a package for him.

2 Likes

To quote Ben Johnson, “Any skill player that suits up has plays drawn up and in the book for him. Whether we get to those plays remains to be seen”

So everybody has SOMETHING in this weeks plan.

2 Likes

The roster spot doesn’t really mean much because a handful of players are on the active roster but can’t play anyways. So if Jamo doesn’t play, he is simply replacing another player who was on the active roster who wasn’t going to play. I didn’t realize the Lions had the option to “activate” Jamo. That would imply that they could leave him inactive, which would most likely mean he couldn’t fully participate in practice.

All of that may be true but you still created a controversy for yourself that you didn’t need to.

1 Like

“Jamo moves pretty fast…if you don’t back up once in awhile, you could miss him”

Ferris Bueller

1 Like

I am not sure what “controversy” that is. But when it comes to getting Jamo back into practice vs only having him walking around the facilities, that is a big deal.

1 Like

I’m fairly confident that they activated him with the mindset that they were getting him at least some run. Don’t think it will be much at all but I’ll be quite surprised if he’s been elevated to then be a healthy scratch. We’ll find out soon enough.

One thing I am focusing on is something they have talked about in the past when it came to “odd” roster decisions. If Jamo isn’t activated, he can’t practice with the team. He’s just walking around the facility and attending meetings.

Jamo has played something like 78 snaps or just slightly more than one full game. In those 78 snaps he has 2 plays that went for 40+ yards and a TD. I’m not worried about him at all. Might take a few games but he’s going to keep defensive coordinators up at night.

2 Likes

Agree with this part.

Thats-not-good GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You can’t overthrow Jamo

yeah… in fact… Jamo did have to slow up on both of his deep balls last year… the TD against Minny and the play against Jets when Goff had to move away from pressure before throwing it.

2 Likes

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Jameson Williams is expected to play “a limited role” in Week 5 against the Panthers.

Pelissero added that Williams would play “maybe around 20 snaps.” That may have been nothing more than speculation, but it’s a good baseline to expect for the second-year receiver. The Lions are going to be without Amon-Ra St. Brown and Jahmyr Gibbs in this game. That leaves them with Josh Reynolds and Kalif Raymond as their starting receivers. In reality, Sam LaPorta will function as their WR1.

15-20 snaps is probably what most of us expected.

He’s impressed me a lot with his blocking today. Nice to see if he’s not catching bombs, that he’ll at least do the other things at the position needed.

1 Like

Yeah. Glad to see it but not at all surprised.

3 Likes

Ya definitely not surprised he showed he will block, even in the preseason he was

4 Likes

Kind of sad that the OL shit their pants on pass pro the couple times Jared was clearly looking for Jamo downfield