Jameson Williams Speed…

Jonesy will be a nice mentor for JaMoss as well.
Our WR room is not a place where an immature player/man will fit in.

1 Like

I think he needs some time out there against competition where DBs and/or coverages will frustrate/humble him, too. Like, he’s being shown what work ethic is, soon he’ll develop an appreciation for what work ethic does. It’s all part of maturing or becoming a pro.

1 Like

Two things jump out at me during that Jamo play at 0:42. (NOT AGAINST SAUCE)

1. The ‘push off’

Jamo extends his arm and shoves the defender, essentially slowing the DB down, while propelling himself forward. That’s where the separation comes from, the push off, not pure speed. Jamo gets 3-4 yards separation in split second. It’s a devastating move to a DB, especially against a WR with Olympic sprinter speed. If the refs don’t call that a penalty on Sundays, he becomes almost impossible to defend.

1. Goff had NO pressure on that throw

This was playing toss in the back yard. Jared stepped up in the pocket and had no one around him. No pressure, not hit. He even had momentum moving forward…AND STILL underthrew Jamo.

Not a major knock on Goff…but damn son…that was a little league throw for such a talented QB. I imagine Jared was cussing in the film room watching that on film the next day. He’d be the first to say how awful that throw was.

1 Like

(Sorry was thinking of different presser. This is actually from his first TD vs. Vikings)

Actually he did exactly that in the post-game.

“I’m happy that was his first one. They had a busted coverage there and (laughing) I didn’t throw a very good ball. I was so shocked how open he was and was kind of like ‘is he? is somebody back there?’. Kinda looked like I kicked it to him but he caught it and touchdown none the less.”

What’s funny about this is if you go watch that play after hearing him say this, you can see the exact second he kind of stutter steps and second guesses it before letting it go.

Kudos to Goff for not only owning it but poking a little fun at himself in the process. It’s just a game, boys.

4 Likes

That was Jamo’s TD against the Vikings. The video was against the Jets. But, yeah, Goff will admit a mistake when it falls on him.

3 Likes

You’re right, that’s my fault. It’s just when I read that post his presser popped into my head. Will edit.

3 Likes

Said nobody.

Did you miss this thread???

Oh…. nope… I guess not…. :thinking::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::flushed:

or the thread about “liking” a Lamar Jackson tweet?

2 Likes

boom!
not even phunny.

1 Like

There was definitely some harsh criticism of Jamo, but i didnt see anything you just posted where anyone said it was “all” Jamo’s fault.

Is there somewhere else in that thread where someone said each and every instance was Jamo’s fault?

1 Like

They didn’t say it “verbatim”…. but I just posted to examples of people that had less than chipper things to say about his route-running, film study, work wthic, physical build, fashion choice, and his “hands”.

I didn’t see many posts about how Goff had underthrown the ball against the Jets… or even that Goff may have actually just dirted a ball on one of those “targets” because he didn’t like the coverage he saw.

Okay I must not have been a part of these initial threads. Because I have yellow flags in my back pocket and I’m throwing them all around. @Phunnypharm thank you for showing me those posts.

First of all @Woot , flag to you for saying he doesn’t love football.

Guy was the best player on the collegiate national championship team and wanted to play special teams for them. In the pros, Fipp and co. have already turned him down on wanting to be a gunner.

Carried around a football all day long at practice just standing there, wishing he could contribute. Talked about it with the media about how he did it because of how much he loved football.

Aside from that, when asked about if he had any personal goals for this season once he finally got on the field: “No, just wins. Just winning.”

And has been out catching balls on the left coast from his QB recently.

If you want to nitpick, nitpick. But his love of football does not fall on that list.

And now moving on to the next flag which is @Lyonfan1 .

Hating on his work ethic? Brad: “Jamo has to do his part.”. Jamo: “no problem I’m out in Cali with Jared”.

Dressed like a thug? The young man wore his college colors and practically stage dived into Lions fans at the draft.

He’s not campaigning. He was just showing some love and respect to another NFL QB. If someone tweeted “Trevor Lawrence to the Lions is a rumor circulating”, I’d like that tweet. I’d still want Goff. Just showing some respect to a good QB in this league.

Not that Lamar is a g-… never mind not going to start.

Also flag to anyone saying it was all Jamo’s fault. Jared has openly accepted blame on some of those throws.

You don’t go from a 2003 Cavalier to a 2022 Mustang and know how to drive it instantly. It’s called a learning curve, for BOTH guys. Which is why Jamo is or at least was working out with Goff.

YOU get a flag, YOU get a flag, YOU get a flag. So forth and so on.

Tap Out Animal Planet GIF by Puppy Bowl

5 Likes

Ummm… wut?

I posted once on the Jamo thread Phunny pointed to and I literally said: “AND I think he absolutely loves football.”

Yeahhhh… no. “He doesn’t love football” is not a reasonable re-rendering of “he absolutely loves football.”

@Phunnypharm. Admittedly, I’m not about to read thru the thread. But, c’mon now, everyone acknowledges that Goff underthrew a wide-open Jamo. If there’s a post in there that suggests Jamo’s early passing-game struggles were ALL on him, it was a clear outlier.

Ok ok so don’t flag me for this opinion but… mustangs drive like Shit.

2 Likes

I think you may want to read that thread….

there were some pretty bold posts.

I @ the wrong person in that post. It was mouse. My apologies. Was just on a typing roll and didn’t revisit.

But nobody said that. Phunny even corrected his stance on that call.

So official booth review reverses that call, refs pick up the flag, and annouce there was no foul on that play.

I was sure that was who it was going to be after Hutch. Build the trenches. Not sorry I was wrong.

I didn’t “correct my stance”……

I said they didn’t use the exact words verbatim….
but VERY MUCH pointed the blame on Jamo!!!

I don’t care if the exact words were used….
there were several posts that laid all of the blame on Jamo.

One of the posts I showed advocated for trading Jamo away!

And Coach Phunnypharm comes onto the field and is just livid at the reversal of the call.

Let’s take this to replay folks…

Yes folks, it does indeed appear that Coach Phunnypharm has changed his stance.

“all of the issues” ≠ “VERY MUCH pointed the blame”

“All” ≠ “VERY MUCH”

The reversal of the call stands.