Jared Goff # thoughts

I noticed that Goff likes to throw for about 4,000 yards a season…give/take. I am thinking that he breaks 4,000 this season…coupled with the fact that our injured will be back in play later on this season…could lead to The Playoffs. fwiw…I do not throw around the word playoff and Lions much at all…but this could be the season.

7 Likes

He’s the highest rated QB in the NFC North through two weeks. I’m not saying he’s been perfect and we can’t upgrade from him, but he has me wondering who out there would be better and at what cost. I’m almost about to jump on the Goff train and go all in on improving the team around him with those two 1sts next year.

18 Likes

Goff has proved himself to me as a capable QB here in Detroit , last year I was 160 degrees thee other way and ready to move on…

2 Likes

4000 sounds pretty good if we continue to run the ball like we are!

4 Likes

It’s 180 degrees young man. 360 degrees in a compass. Come on man, lol

4 Likes

It was deliberate… He was 20 degrees bought in already last year, and Goff earned the other 160 degrees this year. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Considering it’s now a 17 game season, 4,000 yards really isn’t all that much anymore, it’s like 230 yards per game. I’m more concerned about TD to INT Ratio than yards passing to be honest. I’d like to see 35+ TD’s and 10 or so INT’s. He’s on track to do it after 2 games. Wait until JaMoss Jr shows up!

2 Likes

Isn’t it funny how winning changes things?
Goff sucked just a few weeks ago (not in my mind, but, too many here).
Looking forward to not having to defend a guy that never should have needed to be defended.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve only been around since 2005.

2 Likes

Winning helps for sure, so does scoring 71 points in the first 2 games.

3 Likes

Goff said on 97 The Ticket, I believe it was, that the team is happy and pissed off at the same time over all the offense that they left on the field. They are happy with what the offense has accomplished, but not happy with the lulls and missed opportunities and mistakes.
And SOL talk kinda pisses them off too.
All I’ve got to say is, Git-R-Done Boy!

3 Likes

Not happy with 71 points in 2 games, higher expectations. Love that!

1 Like

Yup. He said they should have hung 50 on Philly.
And the second game too.

2 Likes

Wolf, I love ya.

But … CATEGORY.

Let’s put 50 on the Vikes!

3 Likes

I have to give it to Goff. I didn’t think much of him when he was in LA. I figured he was a mediocre QB at best with minimal leadership skills who was fortunate to be on an absolutely loaded team.

He was humiliated when he left LA. He was basically chewed up and shat out in Detroit, a team with nothing when he arrived. He could have cried, complained, bitched and moaned but he never did any of that. Not once that I can recall.

Do this to a guy like Baker Mayfield and it implodes before he even arrives in Detroit.

Goff has quietly kept his head down, worked, did his thing and has gotten better since he arrived.

His abilities aside, it’s hard to not respect a guy like that. Reminds me a lot of Stafford in that regard. Never complaining or pointing fingers, just quietly going about his business, trying to get better.

Props to Goff for that. It can’t be easy.

(Although, I imagine the millions of dollars certainly helps lol)

9 Likes

As soon as we took the offense out of Anthony Lynn’s hands, Goff has looked pretty darn good since. I think his passer rating is over 100 since MC/DC and Ben Johnson took over the offense last year.

Did you know in Goff’s last 6 starts, the Lions are 4-2. We are 4-4 over the last 8 games, but 2 of those losses a certain Boyle was playing QB.

2 Likes

And to your point earlier in the thread- he has been absolutely spectacular at limiting the turnovers while racking up TD passes at a decent clip. 17 TDs, 3 INTs over his last seven games. And he only last 2 fumbles all last year, so those don’t inflate the TO numbers much.

Keep it going, JG!

4 Likes

Man the year he went to the SB I was shocked at how good he was. That TNF game against the Vikings was unreal. The last few years with the Rams he did seem to regress but so did the talent around him. His last 7 games have been pretty damn good.

4 Likes