Jared Goff wins the FedEx Air Player of the Week honor

Yeah - I am really warming up to the idea of Robinson as our 2d first round pick. I know we need more on defense but the offense would be super scary.

2 Likes

I think we are better than some think. Brad picks high RAS guys who love football. The staff has done a good job developing them in terms of technique. Athletically this team is probably top third and getting better. I am too lazy to do a comparison though.

2 Likes

Lot of people blamed everything on talent, some pointed out you can’t have talent enough for 3/4 and not enough talent at the end. Some said this team was more talented then it was giving credit.

This team is sitting pretty good right now , a couple good moves this offseason. And they are ready to compete. There competing now

1 Like

Foolish! Foolish, you say?
I picked them to go 11-6 in June.
The injuries screwed me. Now, I have to settle for 10-7.
Then again, I’m also the fool telling everyone Goff is Elite.

2 Likes

DJ’s contract automatically void on 02/10/23. I don’t think he’d re-sign for less than $10M APY.

I think with Jamo/ASB/Josh/Kalif, a $10M WR is a luxury. I’d like a older vet for $3M-$5M.

2 Likes

Kudos to Goff, he’s getting the credit he deserves.

5 Likes

I could also see us drafting another WR, maybe around round 3, especially if Chark walks. Keep stocking the cupboard with young talent on rookie deals. Drafts are usually pretty deep @ WR these days, shit we got St. Brown in round 4.

3 Likes

But i assume you also didnt expect a historically bad defense through 7 games right? My point on foolish was assuming that the offense before the year would be tops in the league with 30+ pt games… i didnt see many comments like that before the year started

Why? It would be a waste of $.
Speed is Charks value. Just get a rookie in the 5th.

So there is no team option. I wonder where they got the idea there was. Now I really wish i could remember, so i knew not to give credence to what they say

Thanks for the info, even though it ruined my optimism, lol

1 Like

As I’m a FedEx employee … You’re welcome.

1 Like

I dunno man — Jets fans think we’re pansies

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re probably right.

1 Like

Find the next ARSB

3 Likes

There really isn’t any local beat writers that understand much about the salary cap, Birkett is probably the best one.

This isn’t like MLB, where the contracts are guaranteed, so there is a reason for a team option (it’s like a nonguaranteed portion of a contract).

In the NFL when the guarantees run out, every year is a team option.

i.e.
We have a 2023 team option on Brockers for $10M, if we want to pay him we can, if not we cut him
We have a 2023 team option on Goff for $25.65M, if we want to pay him, we do, if not we cut him

Chark isn’t that way, his contract just voids.

5 Likes

Your wife is about to have quite the evening it sounds like!! haha anything more than 3 or 4 hours be sure to message @Doctor_Love

1 Like

Well those are the 2 easiest decisions of the offseason.

3 Likes

I mean I’m not gonna compare the Lions’ receiving group to the posse or the group that the Houston Oilers had or the St. Louis Rams with the greatest show on turf…but this group has worked well with this system. Could it improve? Sure….you can always do that. But I view it as a low-budget, productive group.

1 Like

It kind of is coaching, right?..well, and a lot of players growing up.
I mean, our defense has done a 180 since we got rid of Pleasant and benched Oruwayrie.
Chark isn’t the same player he was, even Josh Reynolds seems better, Jamo is here. Anzalone has stepped his game up, Alim has been better, etc.

3 Likes

The Lions should be able to get at least 2 1st round picks for him now.

1 Like