Jared Goff wins the FedEx Air Player of the Week honor

Don’t overlook health. Players on IR are of little help on the field.
We need depth, but, we have a good starting corps. Now.
For as long as they stay healthy.
Not directed at you, Snags. I’d think common sense would tell you that PS players are not going to perform like starters? If they could be coached up, wouldn’t they have done it. Some folks still cling to the idea that a “real” QB can magically make the players around them allstars, like Rodgers and Brady before they both got washed up during the off-season.
You know, Rodgers coming off his second MVP season in a row, and Brady 1 1/2 year removed from the last of his Super Bowl wins.
I’m sure it’s Rodgers, not the fact that Smith signed with Vegas and that left him with inferior talent around him
Gronk has nothing to do with Brady’s decline.
That’s just silliness. Nope, it’s always the QB. Everyone knows that!
Is this a psy-op?

1 Like

Officias calleD a buuuullllshit personal foul against Bosa.

2 Likes

Yeah, the NFL should take more control of the game.

1 Like

Exactly! He should have been ejected

The official, you mean, right?

Never saw a more perfect, clean, gentle tackle in my life. WTF???

1 Like

uhhhhhhh……

The Office Thats GIF

This is exactly why I’m on board, it’s refreshing to have a coach that see when thing are not working and changes it. Mistakes are made but it’s nice to not be stuck in a system and have a guy that cares more about fixing what’s broken then trying to make his system work. Campbell has made changes to make this team better with players, coaches and game management. I’m impressed by this and he will keep getting better imo because of the things I mentioned above.

And Goff also this guy imo has made hudge strides this year in his game. From handling pressure and playing with confidence. These guys are a big reason this team is winning, and a lot of young guys stepping up. I love this team and staff.

5 Likes

I gave him credit for a lot of emotional toughness, too. From a cast off in the Stafford deal, then putting up with a year and a half of being called deadweight loser, nobody deserves it more than him.

4 Likes

Yes I think you got to give him credit, dude just kept working never complained and just went out and did his job. Never pointed any fingers , Jared found a new comfort level with Johnson and this team. Another year with Johnson and this offense and we may have something special. Jared has earned his spot here.

1 Like

I see some players, Chark being one of them, actually take less money to stay in Detroit. Chark’s season hasn’t been good enough to dazzle people into a huge payday.

I think the WR room is pretty solid no matter which route we go.

We have a number of players that are FA’s this offseason that have contributed significantly.

Analzone
Williams
Buggs
Brown
Elliot
Badgley
Cominsky

Our front office has a LOT of offseason work to do.

Analzone - stay
Williams - gone
Buggs - stay
Brown - gone
Elliot ?
Badgley ?
Cominsky - stay
[/quote]

1 Like

Jamal being gone worries me, he is such an emotional presence for this team

1 Like

Great breakdown by Dan O, shows that BJ is making things easy for Goff, but at the same time, Jared is executing!!!

4 Likes

Well that’s all you can ask

Love Jamaal but think the way the draft might fall will give us a better option at a cheaper price. I sure wouldn’t be up set if he was resigned.

No matter who you get, you won’t replace his leadership. Rather see us re-sign Jamaal. Not so much for his production as his leadership.

5 Likes

We all loved him on Hard Knocks and on the side lines BUT this is a business. If he wants a premier RB contract, he will likely be getting it outside of Detroit. If he wants to sign a team friendly shorter contract, let’s keep him.

Swift will be on his last year of rookie deal. He would be highly motivated to produce and set himself up for a big 2024 contract.

I could see us going with Swift #1 and a rookie draft pick behind him.

Jackson is also a FA.

This is very true also

2 Likes

I would be good with resigning Jamaal then drafting a guy like Gibbs to replace Swift next year, you can probably even trade swift and get some capital back. The running back position will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

1 Like