Jeff Okudah is changing his number to #1

Details schmeetails.

2 Likes

While its true a player can change his number when he wants to, its generally not free. He has to buy out the remaining inventory of unsold jersey’s with the old number on it. At one point in his Vikings career Adrian Peterson wanted to change his number from 28 to 23. Then the league showed him he would owe $1M so he decided against it. Then he spent it on something just as stupid. :joy:

1 Like

Haha for sure the dude is completely broke after making over a 100 mill in his career.

He chose 30 out of college. When he had the opportunity to change it last year he chose to change it to 23. Now he’s opting to change it again to 1.

He was the 3OA pick. There were a ton of Okudah Jerseys sold and purchased by fans who love and support the team. Constantly changing your number is disrespectful towards those fans.

I am sure he was advised against it from his agent as well as the marketing team. It’s just bad business on his part.

He now has more number changes than interceptions in his career! lol

Sorry couldn’t resist. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong and has a great year.

4 Likes

Hmm, maybe he’s wearing 1 in honor of the number of career interceptions that Nevin Lawson has?

1 Like

They are tied!

He changed from 30 to 23 when they signed JWill since JWill wanted to keep wearing 30.

The league hadn’t changed the rules yet, so he couldn’t have switched to 1.

2 Likes

Which is also tied with his number of torn achilles

Sheesh!!
Whatever … it was his number in college and he wants it again

Maybe it provides extra motion for him to live up to being #1

1 Like

They need to give him this year and next to figure it out and play up to his talent level.

I’d like to think he will take a little hometown discount on deal #2 if he gets back to starting CB level.

Slay was a bag of meh until midpoint of year 2, then it all clicked.

Guve this guy the chance to click. That fat shambolic pile of crap tainted him too. That alone means we have no idea if he is any good or not.

Patience Calm Down GIF by Brat TV

2 Likes

Okudah is trash but it ain’t his fault for going 3OA. Lions went and Lioned. Pretty sure these scouting agencies conspired in his rankings because they knew the Lions would take the bait. Chose #1 for the amount of games we’ll see him in a Lions jersey rest of career.

It’s just a number on a jersey. It says nothing deeper than that.

3 Likes

I could care less what damn number he wears. Just play good football and be useful to the team! Otherwise the only number people will see next to your name is how high on the all time draft bust list you got.

1 Like

Sorry man but I don’t see okudah giving the lions any kind of discount. He’s going to follow the money just like most players do. I wouldn’t blame him either. With his injury history so far it’s looking like he may not have a very long nfl career. Some players bodies just can’t hold up. I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

It could speak to his confidence and mindset. Okudah clearly cares about his jersey number.

1 Like

Your point is ok but i just get feeling he changed to hope his luck changes i have no problem with that an i would bet he never thought about jersey sales

He wouldn’t be first to change few times or last. You own his jersey LOL

1 Like

Then why would he change it?
It means something to him

1 Like

Notice the dates.
I can’t believe this is a gripe.

4 Likes