Jeff Okudah is changing his number to #1

Look good, feel good, play good.

Sure, it’s his college number. To say he cares more about his jersey than his health or it shows how he views fans is a tad much. If Okudah was a pro-bowler last year this isn’t a gripe. It’s just a jersey.

2 Likes

Holy overreacting Batman.
C’mon guys.

2 Likes

I’m not griping I’m pointing out the obvious facts.

It is stupid on his part to change his number every year.

Why?.,., It hurts his brand. It shows disrespect to his fans who have purchased his jersey. (Which hurts his brand) He has to buy up all the old 23 jerseys now. As a 3OA pick the Lions store has a ton of Okudah Jerseys in it. So it’s not a smart business move on his part. Especially coming from someone who may not live out his rookie deal. He has a lot to prove on the field yet.

I just love how someone pointing out the obvious facts is griping.

Air - The sky is blue!
LB - I can’t believe your griping about the color of the sky!

I think it’s this part that’s weird to some since it was in your response to him switching jersey numbers.

It’s a poor decision on his part.

His brand has already taken a hit.

The NFL is a business and he could be out of it before his career even gets started. Now he’s going to waste a large percentage of his income buying up old jerseys and in the process lose some of his biggest fans. While also hurting future jersey sales. Not very smart on his part.

These are the facts. It’s very bad business. If his agent is worth a salt he would have advised him against this. I guarantee you the Lions marketing team did. Yet he still did it. Kinda makes you lose a little faith in the guy doesn’t it? … if it doesn’t it should.

He should be worried about building up his business instead of hindering it.

Some players get this and some do not…… clearly he does not.

So you think I should lose faith in him because he switched his jersey number and it hurts his bottom line? Should I also lose faith if he buys a car I think is too expensive? Why “should” I care what his bottom line is?

I care about what Okudah does on the field. If he wants to switch to his college number, for whatever his reasons are, then that’s fine with me. Just rehab that injury and try to live up to the hype on the field. That’s where faith in him as a professional football player is won or lost.

1 Like

Nah, you’re griping.

LOL

Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ETA:

Now, if we’re being honest here, what part of the image that you see below really hurts the Okudah brand? (hint, it’s not the number)

Those old jerseys will be rare high value items when he goes to the HOF :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.