Jeff Risdon on Edge for Draft

I saw the catching ability, and some strength, speed was not on display much though in that game. I’ve gotta watch more film for sure and I will, we got 2 months til the draft. Is there a game you recommend watching!?

But who cares about mocks? Who puts much stock in den members mocks? You believe this years draft is going to go like last years?

There are some blue chip QB prospects in this draft. You may not like them, but they exist.

Well, go on record. I did.

1 Like

I write down all the den mock picks in my little black book of course!!

What Ever GIF by Newcastle University

1 Like

You get to see it all, brother.

2 Likes

2 hours!! I might need to make a beer run. haha

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

2 Likes

It is a marathon for sure. You do get to see the good and the bad, though.

Well, he can exploit a crease.
He’s lucky he isn’t a paraplegic.
He’s not Barry.:frowning:

You don’t need to watch it lol. He’s legit for sure. I do not like RB in the 1st round at all. But man, he is a difference maker I think.

I don’t like him if we re-sign Jamaal though. Giving touches to three backs every game isn’t smart imo. Guys need to get going, feel it. Giving 10-8-6 attempts doesn’t give a back (especially one like Bijan) the feel to start really rolling imo.

Bijan/Swift takes the backfield to another level for sure. Love Jamaal and want him back, but if he comes back I just don’t think Robinson is a smart use of a 1st round pick for a team ready to make a run. This year matters…regardless of what the long term outlook at the position looks like. RB doesn’t need to have a long term outlook as it’s the easiest position to be solid at. Especially behind our OLine.

1 Like

I’m with you for sure on that, you don’t draft a RB in round 1 unless you are planning to feature him as a true #1 back. At least 200+ carries and 50 catches or what’s the point of drafting a RB so high!?

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. If they are planning to rotate 3 backs, and keep J-Will, using a mid round pick on a RB would make more sense.

2 Likes

I like this route better too. And there are many backs in this draft I like. Love Kenny McIntosh as he can do a lot of what swift does. And our other backs can somewhat replace what Jamaal does.

2 Likes

Its not about 1 single game of film. Its about enjoying what is in the film. I realize Texas is a big name, but they were overmatched against Alabama.

This is an NFL run that resulted in dogshit for Texas against Alabama.

Bijan is taking the handoff. There is a #90 that has penetrated the play and is about to blow it up.

But rather than just accept a dogshit playcall and have a 4 yard loss, Bijan recognizes he has to make something happen. He is taking the handoff and making a move on the defender at the same time.

The defender was in the backfield at the handoff. Bijan reacted and juked him. This is what you want to see because this is how NFL football is played. Bijan is receiving the handoff and juking a defender at the same time.

Here he is getting tackled by 3 defenders. The guy just juked a defender while getting the handoff AND he still needs to beat 3 unblocked defenders? The first part is exactly what you want to see from a RB. They need to deal with penetration in the backfield. The next part is on the rest of the team and the playcaller. When you give up an easy penetrating defender AND 3 free defenders to tackle a guy…something is seriously wrong.

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

We don’t disagree brother. My point is coming from the question, that I could have made clearer, what if DE isn’t as good as we think? If will Anderson were to drop I don’t think they pass, and I don’t think Jeff is saying that. I think the questions are about Murphy and the rest. If you are sold on them as being elite okay, i am not and I think there is enough info out there that we all have access to that at least supports a conversation for the DE’s in the class aside from Anderson not being BPA at 6.

2 Likes

This! I’m not against taking a RB in the first round, but, if he’s worthy of a first round pick, he should be your feature Back.
I’m just not sure. I’ll have to clear a few hours to watch the every snap video. I’ve watched a few minutes of his freshman year, so far. He’s explosive, but, he doesn’t have Swift’s elusiveness, at least, that I’ve seen.
He seems to have a nice oblique cut move, though.

2 Likes

Taking Will Anderson would be SOL.

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

Taking a Backup at 6oa when you have the #8 QB in the league would be beyond SOL.
Frankly, as a life long Lions fan, I don’t deserve to have my team suck and be in a constant state of rebuild my entire life, but apparently, some wouldn’t mind?

I will ask you a better question. Why would we draft him?

Tell me what you see in Will Anderson based on film study and not stats, highlights or someone else’s draft profile. When YOU watch him, what do YOU see? I am willing to take this conversation offline if you prefer.

Why assume Richardson will be any less effective running play action from under center? Actually, on some of those RPO play-actions with Napier he has to turn his back to the field in order to fake the hand off before turning back around which is harder than a traditional play fake.

I don’t think Richardson needs an RPO offense to be successful. I do think any QB that can run like he can should incorporate some running plays for the QB into their offense and RPOs are definitely one way to do it.

I actually think play action helps both Richardson and Goff because it helps them with their footwork and rhythm as a passer.