Jemaar Chase report

I think this staff wanted Sewell pretty bad, and were stunned he made it to our pick.

If we had lost to Atlanta with everything else being the same, we would have been drafting #3 overall and would have been offered the mega deal the 49ers gave up to move into that spot. We would leap frog the Texans because they beat us head to head.

1 Like

Not sure which SOL draft-disaster scenario was worse:

1.) The missed 49ers-jackpot deal due to the miracle Gurley brain freeze…
Or…
2.) The ultimate could’ve/would’ve/should’ve scenario two years ago. Lions beat WFT after getting the ball back with :17 seconds left, followed by a Stafford roughing the passer call, a quick Marvin Jones completion, a spike, and a 59-yard game winner from Prater. Which gave the Lions Jeff Okudah at 3 instead of Chase Young at 2.

Absurd.

Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

1 Like

Chase Young and his 1.5 sacks aren’t doing a whole lot for Washington and it’s 29th ranked defense.

I obviously would rather have him than Jeff but I don’t know if he’ll ever have a comparable season to what Chase is doing in Cincinnati.

I don’t know if he’s the defense changing player we thought he would be

Damn the Lions give up less yards and points than Washington

2 Likes

I was shocked when I saw his stats this year.

Yeah I have no idea what happened, our 0-7 Detroit Lions defense is pretty much statistically better than theirs across the board

2 Likes

I think they played their best game by far on Sunday. They still lost by 2 scores and gave up 24 points.

Yeah, I realize TTFKATR (The team formerly known as the Redskins) is massively underachieving, and Chase Young is part of that, but ANY production is better than where we sit with Okudah. His career could be over. Young will not be silent forever.

1 Like

We lost to the Redskins. The difference between having the #3 pick and having the #2 was actually smaller than a win. It was a half win. As in the tie to Cardinals. Had we lost instead of tying, we would have had the #2 pick. But our last win of the year came in Game 7. It would be hard to tank any harder than losing all 9 of your last 9 games.

He only had 7.5 last year. But the overall defense was significantly better.

1 Like

OMG what a disaster that win was. LOL. I hate playing for draft position but dayum.

That’s assuming Dopey and Pluto don’t draft Okudah anyway

1 Like

I just checked the Ja’Marr Chase report. It said he’s f’n good.

2 Likes

Chase, Sewell and Parsons all opted out of the 2020 season to prepare for the NFL draft. The results have been impressive for all 3. Leading up to the draft, several so called experts were talking about how taking a year off might hurt them and it would take some time to knock off the rust.

Interesting point.

Then PFT tried to make a “hot take” about Chase dropping 3 passes in a preaseason game… when Burrow wasn’t even playing.

I mentioned them above in this thread… and none of them were terrible drops. He made a wise business decision on the 2nd pass (high pass on a slant) because he didn’t want to give Landon Collins a free shot on him in a preseason game.

I definitely don’t have much faith in many of the articles written just looking to create a buzz.

1 Like

I think some people make way too big of a deal out of missing a year of football.

I was thinking that might become a trend for college players who have huge sophmore seasons. Sit out as a junior, get a pro trainer and prepare for the NFL as a junior.

Body would be injury free going in as a rook. Some of these dudes get severely beaten up in college before ever getting a chance to make some $$$ - Take Kerryon Johnson for example.

That’s basically what Nick Bosa did.

1 Like