Jeremiah's 2022 Mock 2.0

It seems a little unrealistic, a team like NE or another 3-4 that plays Patriots style is going to love him as a run plugger. But I do think it might happen.

You know how I feel about him. I think he changes our defense more than any one player in the draft.

2 Likes

Agree with this, as a UGA fan he did well but his snaps played were low and I wondered about stamina with him, AL definitely showed that, well, for the whole UGA D to be fair not just him… Clogs up the middle but if he is only in on 50% of the D plays or less I would rather go after someone else.

1 Like

Can Mcneil play the 5 tech? If not, why are we adding another NT when we have so many needs?

I think he could. He’s pretty quick and agile for a large man. Dude was a running back and linebacker in high school.

2 Likes

Hutch Brockers Alim Rokwara
Harris Levi Davis Jokwara Penisini

Barnes ??? JRM
Vet LB FA, woods

4-3 would be pretty bad ass, just missing the Singletary/Lewis/Kuechly type guy

AO Okudah Williams Walker
Parker Jacobs Price Harris Marlowe Vet CB

McNeil is our future NT and Penisini is a solid backup. Davis has Damon Harrison potential, but he is basically a zero as a pass rusher. I’d rather go with his fellow teammate travon walker at that spot.

4 Likes

All he needs to do is stand up with his arms up and try to block passes. THat and use thise long arms at 6’6" to lock up the center and push with his 360+ pounds, collapsing the pocket with middle pressure.

If he is there at 32, you have to take him.

2 Likes

He didn’t even play 50% of the snaps and was still gassed when he was out there. To me that shows a lack of work ethic as well. I think he will be a decent pro, but unless he makes some serious changes and pro he is a utility player and not worth a 1st rounder, IMO.

1 Like

Is Jordan Davis a prime candidate to eat himself out of the league?

3 Likes

With Brockers Alim and Levi, Davis can play about this same 50% ratio, or less, and be effective as a rookie. After 2 years he will be unstoppable. He’s basically a wookie with a helmet. 90 pounds heavier than Too Tall Jones…and he can move for a big guy…hes not Pat Williams.

Also know he’s gonna improve. He’s gonna get stronger, and he’s already strong…Love what you said about closing down the size of passing lanes too → so true.
I think he’s a slam dunk if he’s there at 32.
Also, I don’t see that happening. I feel he could be a high ceiling guy.

The problem is last year nose tackles only played 60% of the snaps. So you have a log jam at nose tackle and if you try to move Mcneil to 5t, well at 6’2" he is probably the shortest 5t in the NFL so I don’t think that is realistic. That’s a lot of capital invested in one position that will hardly ever be on the field at the same time, at a position that already gets limited PT.

Like someone already said, I would rather take his teammate, or maybe even Winfrey or Hall who would be be a better fit for what we need.

1 Like

Those are all good points.

Our interior DL was terrrible last year. Terrible. I dont think itll be a “run it back” type of passive solution. Brockers life is very limited here.
There will be some changes and adjustments for sure.

I like his teammate as well. My guess is he will be gone by 32 and likely Davis as well. But they need help, one way or the other.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t shock me if Cross was the top OT taken. Teams put such a premium on OT who have pass protection skills.

Months agoI suggested Jax could take an OT 1OA. See quote below.

It wasn’t a very popular take at the time. Cross was one of the guys I felt was capable.

I still think they will take Neal based on his size and potential though.

But I think this draft will have a run on OT’s and Edge guys early.

I do not see us taking Davis even if he’s there. However out of the 3 DL coming out of Georgia I think Devonte Wyatt would fit our needs the best due to his positional versatility. If he’s there at 32 then I think we would seriously consider him.

I’m not surprised that you like Pitre. He has some similarities to Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Who I know you were big on.

I really like Pitre too and for me he comes into play at pick 34. I could see us moving around in round 2 to land him.

I’ve been on the WR at 34 kick for a while but I am starting to think Holmes will go DB either at 32 or 34. Maybe both.

There’s a lot of players I like in the late round one to early round two range.

If we could land one of Dean or Wyatt at 32 I would be thrilled, two favorite players on UGA’s defense.

I definitely agree on Davis. Besides, Brandon Staley missed the playoffs before they couldn’t stop the run when they knew the Raiders were running it. He vowed that he won’t let that happen again in 2022. I think Davis will be gone if he’s there for them.

1 Like

You don’t not take Jordan Davis because you have the inconsistent rookie Alim McNeill.

Stop betting on guys to make steps forward.

2 Likes

Though you could pass on him bc there is better value. Let’s say Davis is immediately a top 3 run defending nose but offers little on third down. What’s that worth in today’s NFL. I’d rather have the stud CB, WR, LB or S.

3 Likes

I remember and I disagreed at the time because I’d already done a deep dive on Neal and had him ranked behind Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, Wills and roughly even with guys like Josh Jones and McGlinchey.

But I hadn’t graded the rest of the class yet and it turns out this one is so much worse at the top than most classes that Neal (or Cross or Ekwonu) could go first and I wouldn’t be shocked. I still have Hutch graded as far and away a better player and think there’s still a >50% chance they go that route despite the current narrative, but certainly it’s more likely they go OL than I thought at the time.

1 Like