Jeremiah's 2022 Mock 2.0

I’m leaning in that direction too. Brockers will be gone next year for sure if not final cuts this year, so I can see Wyatt at 32.

1 Like

Clearly some risk involved with Davis, in that 1st Alabama game when they went hurry up offense, it was real ugly for Davis, real ugly.

However, if you got him in shape and he was motivated, look out. I think he falls to the 2nd round due to those concerns and the fact that he played so few snaps in college.

The major issue is if he’s on the field and the offense goes hurry up and starts passing the ball, you can’t substitute unless you call a Timeout. So, he’s gotta get in better shape to be successful in the nfl.

If you don’t expect a 2nd year guy to take a step forward, than either the coaching staff sucks or your GM can’t evaluate talent. A 3rd round pick should be improving in his second season or something is seriously wrong.

2 Likes

You can say that about almost any position on our team.

And we wonder why we’re picking 2nd overall.

1 Like

But id rather put my hopes on Mcneil improving than Anzalone or JRM or Reynolds or W Harris.

2 Likes

Woah woah woah…

Calm Down Family Guy GIF

He has Travon Walker going 5th overall?!?!?!?!?!

1 Like

Just think of the upside of Jordan Davis if you got him in shape. Because he’s way out of shape now.

I’m okay with Davis. But he’s the kind of kid that I might take at 34 instead of 32, just to motivate him a little bit more.

1 Like

If we land Wyatt he might not make the roster.

But that’s how I saw it too. Wyatt would play Brockers role.

True… but. We want the Rams type front/OLBs and LB’s I think. It’s true we got freaking raked up the gut by Philly, Seattle etc. I’m with you on how painful that is to watch. But I think they have their starting NT and it’s McNeill. I absolutely could see a Penisini upgrade later on, but I don’t think we’re after Jordan Davis. I think we are after Aaron Donald lite and thus far, Levi as much as I was the conductor on the Onwuzurike train, has not shown he can be that. Brockers, while a solid tackler isn’t that. Williams? Nope. Hand… gone.

Flowers is the guy who could reduce inside or play the 5t role. We’re rightly dumping him I’m sure. But I’m looking at a guy who can be what Hand should have been. A longer 5t explosive 3t guy. Brockers isn’t very good at that. Levi TBD, but I’m looking for better right now. McNeill is really good at his job, so he’s safer than Levi right now as far as seeking an upgrade.

3 Likes

Just think of the upside of Aaron Gib… I mean Stockar Mc… I mean…

Guys that are out of shape are out of shape for a reason and expecting that to change is often wishful thinking.

3 Likes

Hes the type of guy Jax could take at 33. If you like him at 32, take him at 32.

If we have Wyatt on the roster, who gets the nickname Doc (Holliday)? Only makes sense, no?

1 Like

I have a feeling people are going to be obsessed with who the Jags might take. Not me. If they get him at 33, oh well. And that goes for any other player they take as well.

I fear the Lions would turn him into Wyatt Herp Derp

Extremely valid point. Georgia is one of the best programs in the Country. I’m sure they have outstanding trainers and nutritionists and they couldn’t get him in shape in 4 years. There is a lot of risk in picking Davis, especially after he gets paid. Is he all of a sudden going to be motivated to get in great shape once in the NFL, doubtful in my mind.

1 Like

Motivation is my single biggest concern with Jordan. His passion was actually basketball. But its certainly not some of this talk about him only being a two down guy. A lot of good DTs are two down guys. If he can put a stop to 3rd and 4 and make it 3rd and 8 or 9 with run stopping he is worth his weight in gold.

I agree he would have value if he can dominate on running downs, however if the offense goes hurry up, you can’t get him off the field on 3rd downs. And he offers very little as a pass rusher. I just don’t think teams would value a run stuffer and part time player with a 1st round pick. I see him as more of a mid to late 2nd rounder.

I’d love to see that massive dude playing basketball.

What Weeze was saying about using his long arms and height to shut down passing lanes could be a great point too. He’s the Mutumbo of the NFL?