Jermaine Johnson over Hutch and Thibs?

I don’t think he’s #2 overall either but he’s definitely a 1st round pick. Not a “great” game for him but not a “bad” game either. He did have 1.5 sacks and a couple other TFL in running game. He also had multiple pressures that forced the QB to move up.

Wow! I actually like that number. I wouldn’t think we’d have that much a chance of trading back. I’d love it, especially if Hutch isn’t there.

Current Tankathon Forecast Fantasy Forecast Change
1 Jags 1 Jags
Evan Neal Travon Walker
OT - Alabama EDGE - Georgia
2 Lions 2 Jets
Aidan Hutchinson Aidan Hutchinson Lions Trade #2 for #4 + #35, #69
EDGE - Michigan EDGE - Michigan
3 Texans 3 Texans
Ikem Ekwonu Kayvon Thibodeaux
IOL/OT- NC State EDGE - Oregon
4 Jets 4 Falcons Lions Trade #4 for #8 + #43
Kayvon Thibodeaux Malik Willis
EDGE - Oregon QB - Liberty
5 Giants 5 Giants
Charles Cross Ikem Ekwonu
OT - MS IOL/OT- NC State
6 Panthers 6 Panthers
Kyle Hamilton Kyle Hamilton
S - Notre Dame S - Notre Dame
7 Giants 7 Giants
Travon Walker Derek Stingley
EDGE - Georgia CB - LSU
8 Falcons 8 Lions
Malik Willis Jermaine Johnson
QB - Liberty EDGE - FSU
9 Seahawks 9 Seahawks
Ahmad Gardner Ahmad Gardner
CB - Cincinnati CB - Cincinnati
10 Jets 10 Jets
Derek Stingley Garret Wilson
CB - LSU WR - OSU

In this scenario, Jets jump to get Hutch, who they reputedly love. Falcons jump ahead of CAR to get the “GUY” they want at QB for owner Arthur Blank…Lions Advantage. Lions could opt for several other players at #8. JJ is just a placeholder.

3 Likes

I assume that is supposed to be pick 36 that we are getting from the Jets if so then sign me up. Though i’d take Sauce over JJ 100 times out of 100.

2 Likes

Actually, it’s #35, per Tankathon…Good catch!..Unsure whether the DEN could take another CB this early in the Draft, but I wouldn’t have a problem with it, personally. Lions could even go with a WR - Wilson or London, for example…Lower you go, the more options open up.

I’d be in on Sauce 100% also. If only something like this could happen when the top of the draft is not what you’d hope this year.

I wanna see what we have at CB before we draft one, but if this guy is the next Revis, go for it. If the talent discrepancy is big enough, go BPA.

Ah. Tied Houston I guess. Thx for clarifying.

Even if we did take JJ and got all those picks I’d still be fired up. I’d like to see us use that bounty of second rounders and pick 32 to move up and get an elite wideout.

1 Like

I don’t know how anyone can look at these stats and think Jermaine Johnson would be a better pick than Thibodeaux.

2 Likes

I agree and just read an evaluation on JJ. He generated good statistics (sacks, tfl, etc) but a low win rate. They basically said his win rate is low, but when he wins he gets a sack. To me that doesn’t bode well, but I’ve not studied the relevance of many of these statistical categories.

That said, I think I would probably ask for more from ATL to move up for QB and I would look in a different direction at 8. I don’t think the drop between JJ and say Mafe is that significant.

The lions trade down not once but twice???

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

1 Like

Beanz!

1 Like

Johnson will be 25 years old by the time the season ends, no thanks.

2 Likes

It is nice to have viable options.

Hutch, Thibs and JJ are all acceptable to me.

I think the pick is Thibs. I think the Lions like his toughness (playing through injury) and his personal story.

If my feet are held to the fire asking who at the end of 2023 will lead the league is sacks my best guess is Thibs is most likely to be that guy.

1 Like

Agree on the age factor… UNLESS!!! Unless the dude knows he’s getting one FA period to get paid and the best years are his rookie contract.

Although I’m assuming the motivation is getting paid which is a very narrow viewpoint. Regardless, age is for sure a factor.

1. Hutch
  2. Jermaine Johnson
  3. Thibodeaux
  4. Walker

I think that’s where I’m pretty much at with the pass rushers or our options at #2.

Id be ok with them taking Willis or Gardner over Walker, but probably prefer Walker.

1 Like

Just as a reminder, Suh is still playing, just not for us.

Let’s take your concerns to the next level though, age 24 with a five year contract takes you to 29. Franchise Tagging takes you to 31. Then you could, conceivably, let someone else pay him for his past production and collect the 3rd round pick, or you can trade for more beans after age 30. Either way your not on the hook for the second contract and the inevitable decline.

Thats moneyball with a pigskin.

The fantastic news is in this scenario, you hit big by choosing him in the first place for this to be a concern. :grinning:

I think everyone can get on board if you’re getting an impact player, regardless of position. Sewell wasn’t exactly a “need”. We pick another one like him, and everyone will be happy regardless.

1 Like

Jermaine Johnson was born on January 7, 1999. He’ll turn 24 at the end of his rookie season.

1 Like

If we pick him, he’ll be 28 in the draft thread.

3 Likes

We have the second pick, if no trade down it’s simple:
Hutch or Thibs

2 Likes