Jonathan Taylor can seek a trade from Colts, but which teams should pursue him?

Fairly rationale reasoning. A rarity among sportswriters these days.

1 Like

I keep forgetting that Taylor is only 24. He’s had a ton of carries between college and the pros, but if you’re a team that thinks they can contend the next few years… it’s like the Rams going after Stafford and Von Miller. Nobody will give a crap about the lost draft picks if you win the Super Bowl.

Bengals would be the best choice for him if you ask me.

Miami is interesting.

There aren’t a bunch of teams that can both afford him and need him. I suspect he wants to be paid more so than getting a ring.

I read earlier that the Browns restructured Garretts contract today to free up 12m. They now have over 30m in space. I wonder if they are gearing up to make a big offer? Him and Chubb would be lethal. Chubb will be a FA after the 24 season and I believe to Browns hold the option for 2025.

Taylor wants a big contract. They already pay Chubb 11-12m per. I just can’t see them wanting to commit that kind of money to the position.

I’d look for a team like the Chargers or Commanders. Teams where the current administration must win games right now.

1 Like

I think the Chargers would be a really good fit. I also think the Bills should try to put a deal together. Both are AFC teams so I wonder how Ballard would feel about that. Flipping it to the NFC I would have serious interest if I were the Eagles.

If they only have Chubb for 1 more year I can see them doing it. They need to show something after the Watson fiasco.

Another team I could see trying to make a move is KC. I don’t know what their cap looks like but they only have Pacheco and Mckinnon

Why? Is Taylor even an upgrade over Chubb. Nick is also beloved by the town and his teammates.

1 Like

Bills do make some sense. Cowgirls would make some sense as they can move off of Pollard after this year.

Funny how fans get nervous about other teams potential splash moves, and simultaneously convince themselves that it’s better to “stay the course.”

Many of us thought Roschon could be a stud, and it appears that could be the case…. Herbert is a great change of pace back…. WHAT IF THE BEARS LAND J TAYLOR TOO? Fields, Taylor, Herbert and Johnson in the backfield?

DJ Moore, Mooney, Claypool, Velus Jones, and Tyler Scott-that’s not too bad either.

Darnell Wright is a big big addition on the OL and Dexter and Pickens have stood out in camp at DT-

D Walker, Yannick and R Green bring 20 sacks from 22’ as edge additions.

T Edmunds, TJ Edwards and N Sewell join Sanborn at LB…

Stevenson has been up and down, but joins K Gordon, J Johnson, Eddie Jackson and Brisket in the secondary

• everything is tied to Fields, and opinion is vastly differ on him…. BUT- with 80M next year, and maybe a DE, CB, OG, and WR added to the above and they could be scary quick.

Chubb will be 28 in December. We all know what the shelf life of RB’s are.

As long as it isn’t in the NFCN.

The bears have plenty of offensive skill players and their back 7 is nice also. The problem is they still are weak in the trenches. And that’s the backbone of a good team. Their DLine won’t scare anyone and that OLine is really young but also really unproven.

The Bears are no worry in 2023. But that could be a different story in 2024.

1 Like

The Bears have the means and desperation, they’re my bet.

Viqueens would be the obvious choice.

I’ve always liked Mattison… as a RB2

STOP saying NFCN !

2 Likes

The Browns being the taker would surprise me greatly but what do I know.

1 Like