Jordan Davis - Love this dude

We all shrugged it off at the time but the penisini retirement could really hurt us this year. He was stout against the run.

3 Likes

About a month before the draft I said my dream draft was Hutch and then somehow getting Jordan Davis. Oh so close. But I really hope that Jamo makes me forget all about my dream.

5 Likes

I don’t fault the lions for the pick, Jamo is an amazing WR and I’m happy to have him. I just love trench players, O-line, D-line, LOS, that’s such fun to watch for me and so my preference would have been JD.
I still love the Jamo pick and it was a fantastic job by our GM. Long term he’s gonna be a stud and help us win games especially with the way the NFL protects WR’s and QB’s.

2 Likes

That would have been interesting. Hutch and Jordan Davis. No Jamo, but heck we have no Jamo right now.

3 Likes

Davis “growing” is certainly one of the biggest concerns with him.
He ran like a freak at the combine… and it was after he lost weight.

If he “finds” a bunch of that weight again…. conditioning and injuries will be a concern.

4 Likes

Let me ask you this, would you have rather we traded up for Jordan Davis rather than Jamo?

1 Like

We have no Paschal right now either… that’s a whole lot of have-nots.

4 Likes

I’m going to say yes. Then in three years when Jamo is the best WR in the league In going to pretend I never felt this way

7 Likes

Marvel Balance GIF

3 Likes

I wouldn’t expect much from paschal this season.

1 Like

Think of how good Jordan Davis is now when he’s clearly not in peak physical condition. Then imagine how good he would be if he was. It’s intriguing for sure. And is there a better motivator out there than Dan Campbell? Not that I know of.

2 Likes

That’s 2 of our top 3 picks that won’t produce this year…ugh.

1 Like

HAHA! I know a bald guy that didn’t know this…
Jamo makes fantastic long-term sense, given that is the case.

I had that thought too. What would this do playing under Coach Dan?

He beat Rich Eisen

2 Likes

Im not impressed by davis as of now

Linear feet and drive

A strong guy like sewell will throw him off balance. Linear drive…with weak legs…just punch under arm pit and shove to the side…

Wash him out

I questions davis’ work ethic to maximize his potential.

Sky is the limit…but he is a lazy slob so far.

Needs to get lower body in shape and bend knees…play with technique…

He is a slob right now

However…he would eat Frank “straight leg” Ragnows lunch at this time.

Wake up, Frank.

From what I’ve read about the man he has showed up to camp at the weight requested by his coaching staff. Coaches and veterans alike are impressed with his work ethic so far.

Have you read different reports out of the Eagles training camp that led you to these options?

7 Likes

Jordan Davis is the player from this draft that I think would make the biggest immediate difference to this team. I just think we look soft up the gut and it’s pretty easy to see us being targeted there (starting with the Eagles ironically enough). I’m worried about McNeil, Brockers and Levi at the top of the depth chart who all need to improve and I don’t think there’s all that much after them. Conversely, I’d be much more confident with McNeil, Davis (and Hutch / Harris) as the starters with Brockers and Levi contributing rotationally. You can’t double team all of them.

I know that the complaints about Davis are his stamina and the concerns about his weight. But I have more faith in being able to control a guy’s weight than being able to rehab and avoid recurrent ACL injuries. Moreover, even if we agree that Davis is not a 3 down player - he increases the likelihood of 3rd and long situations where we could flip to Nascar packages and allow Hutchinson to tee off. Against the Falcons that seemed almost like the plan on first down! Having someone like Davis also allows you to not expect quite so much from your linebackers where we are weak. And this is all assuming that Davis doesn’t go stratospheric - which his crazy athleticism suggests that he might.

Don’t get me wrong - I love Jamo. And he could be a real game-changer. But I’ve more confidence in guys like Cephus and Kennedy who are way down the receiver depth chart - than I do in the majority of our interior defensive linemen.

3 Likes

Long sustained drives week 1 will have Davis raising his hand for a breather. By 4th quarter he will be gassed.

1 Like

I doubt Davis is the next Haloti Ngata or Big Baby. He seems a step below them kind of guys to me.

RTK has no idea what he’s talking about…again. Just more mindless blabber.
I wouldn’t pay much attention.

1 Like