Jordan Davis - Love this dude

Yup - and he’ll improve his “punch”…and with those super-long arms, it will make a much smaller dude have a rough time getting into his pads. Davis will develop his ability to keep OL off of him and pretty much force a double team on every play.

FB blocking unit. :muscle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also - I wonder how much long arms equates to shoulder problems for OL and DL?
Gift and curse???

Thanks for the kind words, bro.

How many times did we see Suh rip ppl down by a shoulder pad, their hair, a jersey? Juuuust a freak in every sense of the word.

I could totally see this.

Those guys were animals. Remember this.

3 Likes

Loved the vid, man. Thanks for the share.
I just love DTs
A massive, oversized, angry human wearing #90, 99, 98…juuuust love 'em.
Great big handsome MF’rz just ruining ppl’s day!

4 Likes

We have enough of a sample size at this point (hundreds of thousands of players) to dial in the most commonly successful traits of certain positions. There are also reasons why guys have succeeded or failed at certain heights. Yes, a guy can overcome a disadvantage in a trait. But its important to understand the break point for height at certain positions. Linebuys correctly pointed out that Ngata has a more ideal height from a historical perspective than Davis. Whether that will impact Davis’ career is a complete unknown at this point. But when creating a “score” for height it should capture that fact. Or else what is it worth if it just keeps scoring taller and taller players higher on the chart? A guy who is 6’-6" playing RB should not get a higher score than Adrian Peterson on the height grade. Being that tall is a disadvantage that guy will have to overcome in other ways. And you shouldn’t create a grading chart based on outliers.

4 Likes

Almost as ridiculous as ignoring handsomeness. Ugly people REPEATEDLY want to infer that it doesn’t matter.

It absolutely does. Brad gets to o better in this area, for sure.

3 Likes

@BigNatty might be my favorite poster on the den, but let’s be real, he has no idea what’s up!!

And why haven’t the Lions signed Terry Tate yet!!! lol

1 Like

Some of my favorite commercials of all time. LOVE this dude!

1 Like

/damn - Philly’s middle defense is set for the next 10 years.

Davis and
Dean

1 Like

Easily would be our best linebacker!! haha

1 Like

Snip from theAthletic on Jordan Davis. This is an article reviewing how all the 1st rd picks are fairing. High praise for Hutch and for Jags Walker.

Davis is listed under hanging in there portion of the article:

When Davis isn’t tired, he’s thriving. Heck, even when he is tired, he can still be a problem. But in each of Philadelphia’s first two preseason games, Davis noticeably wore down a bit quicker than he probably would’ve liked — especially considering how disruptive he was early on. When Davis is coming off the ball with leverage and landing his punch first, guards and centers don’t have much of a chance. He’s getting pretty consistent knock-back against centers in pass-rush situations. But he’s also wearing out quickly and rendering himself ineffective.

It ends by saying the arrow is pointing up with regards to him.

1 Like

Great point. Hansom huys get more opportunity. More reps equal better play on the field. They also get laid more. So they have higher test levels to help with performance and recovery.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

Watch the second Lions episode of Hard Knocks. Hutch was completely exhausted after the first drive of our first preseason game. He was much more impacted by lack of conditioning than I would have liked. …it’s a thing.

I’m sure Davis would be moreso, but it’s a thing. I suspected he would need extra NFL conditioning. No surprise to me.

I sure do hope we go no huddle against him. LOL. Dude is a monster.

1 Like

finally! someone gets it!
:muscle: :sunglasses:

Well that’s totally inaccurate.

Came across more winded than exhausted. Question is how much will he fade as the game goes on. And a good reminder of why offenses going three and out hurts not just the offense but the defense. Of course it being 10 minute drive didn’t help either

1 Like

So much yes to all of this. Football is different than just getting winded from track…there’s an emotional stress that comes form this sort of arena.

Track…level of winded vs exhaustion
Basketball…a deeper level of exhaustion
Football…even amplified exhaustion vs winded
Boxing…even more

There’s an element of “fight or flight” that comes up. Most ppl don’t know this, but it wears you TF out from being punched…even body shots (boxer)…it’s a mental exhaustion that comes from being in a more confrontational arena.

This is actually one thing I LOVE about hutch…I LOVE that he “has the stomach” for it, and I have complete faith he grows into it. As his warrior energy develops, he will be less exhausted by all of it…also less winded. He will build it all up and develop it. Rodrigo is a very mature warrior already. Hutch is made for this…just so much more talented than his opponents he hasn’t had to develop it as much yet…he has…but much deeper levels are coming. :wink:

There’s a chance that Hutch could evolve into my fav…or one of my favorite Lions! Love that Som’bitch!!!

Watch Nate Diaz fight…he often gets smoked in early rounds…then dominates as he takes ppl into deep water. Diego Sanchez, Frankie Edgar, Clay Guida…this is teh type of intestinal fortitude that the warrior uses to drain other ppl and “Rocky Balboa” them into submission. “MF’r, you’re gonna get sick of seeing me coming…and coming…and coming…and coming…” (that’s what she said)

Love Hutch, and he will develop more. I have ZERO concerns about this aspect of his game.

1 Like

Davis was constantly double and triple teamed yet he still was a beast. By far the fasted dlinemen at the size I’ve ever seen in life. It’s crazy.

2 Likes