Jordan Schultz says Saints may trade up

I think Matt Corral and Charles Cross is their hopeful haul. Then WR in round 2.

If I could pick any sceanrio, a trade down to 8 for both of Atlanta’s 2nd rounder would be ideal.

Jermaine Johnson
Nakobe Dean
Christian Watson
Lewis Cine/Brisker/Hill
Perrion Winfrey
Nick Cross
Isaiah Likely

That right there would be a dream draft to me. Would fill all of our needs, outside of QB, with young talented rookies.

1 Like

Dean and Olave and we have just upgrade two position substantially

That’s a great scenario, buddy. We’re not gonna fix all of the holes in one offseason (or 2). This was a demolition project, and now they’re starting to put drywall back on, picking out some of the tile and cabinets. It’s still a project. Next summer, we redo the roof and get a pool installed. For now, it’s livable.

My recollection is that Westbrook was ok, but he had way too many pass interference and holding penalties. Others seem to recall him the same way:

9. Bryant Westbrook

The 1990’s were the decade of not only great running backs, but it was the heyday of the cornerback.

The NFL still had fairly lax rules on contact with receivers, so cornerbacks became superstars.

Every team wanted the next Deion Sanders.

Detroit thought they had theirs with Bryant Westbrook from Texas with the fifth overall pick in 1997.

Boy, were they wrong.

Westbrook proved to be an all around poor defensive player. He wasn’t a great tackler, his cover skills were poor, and he committed too many penalties.

Most believed that he really never wanted to become great, and as a result he didn’t.

He was out of the league before 2003.

Granted, this one is post-injury, but was typical of the pre-injury player:

1 Like

Westbrook was bad until the year of his achilles. Thos 8 games prior to the injury he was really blossoming.

As I remember it, at least through my Honolulu blue lens, Westbrook was the victim of many bogus calls immediately after his injury, which led to a reputation, which led to him being under a microscope for the remainder of his career.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.