Let’s give the guy some props. He stepped right in and has performed really well, I just read he’s the 3rd highest graded center in the NFL 71.1 PFF. It’s nice to see a weakness turned into a strength in one offseason. If Juice keeps playing like this, he’ll be earning himself a nice contract in the offseason
Yes his play has been good, the mental errors killed us 1st half against the Bills but glad he’s growing and developing
Can Mays play LG?
This Line seems to be gelling, and, there’s really only one weak spot.
I know it’s early but the Monty trade is already looking like a potential winner, for us.
Outside of a decent week 1 Monty hasn’t done anything the last 2 weeks.
Meanwhile we’ve got a decent starter / really good backup at center.
Both Mays and Scruggs have played LG and both have been better at Center… Kind of the inverse of Glasgow ![]()
When is Mays expected back? So glad Scruggs doing well, solid fill-in, or LG starter when Mays back to starter.
Mid October
Monty is going to end up being traded for three draft picks depending on how we play the comp game. Scruggs plays at this level until Mays gets back and he’s going to get a comp pick qualifying offer.
I think Scruggs has been doing well, and center play has been better than last year. That being said, I also expect Mays to come in and play even better once he is healthy. On a playing scale, I think last year Glasgow was average to poor. When Glasgow went out, it went from that to awful. I think Scruggs has gotten our center play back to solid/good territory. When Mays comes in, I’d hope we can push good/great. Ragnow is still the high water mark, I considered his play to be great/excellent territory.
Losing Monty sucked, but Brad definitely got the most he could out of the situation. Scruggs has been a lifesaver with the injury to Mays.
I wonder if we use one of these centers as trade bait? Mays, scruggs, mclaughlin
I’d prefer to keep Mays and Scruggs this year for depth. If Scruggs gets a long term deal from another team in the offseason, then we should have a comp pick to work with.
I think the OLine played their best game yesterday so far.
Am I crazy or has Penei been struggling a bit in his switch to LT? I’d say he has been solid, but not his typical elite self. I am sure that will improve the more snaps he gets at LT.
We would be 0-3 if this trade didn’t happen and Mays still went out.
With how our team is built. We can’t have bad centers, even as backups
Brad doesn’t get enough credit for this trade.
Mahogany has played well enough when he’s not injuring himself tripping over his own two feet to where I don’t think he’s being displaced
I think he’s tripped over his own feet several times in the last 3 years.
It’s only a matter of time before it happens.
Sorry, sometimes I’m not even trying to be a dick. Just talking straight.
I like how Scruggs went after 52, after 52 pushed Gibbs on his TD. I think 46 saved 52 from a beat down.
Not crazy, he has been struggling a bit for Penei’s standard. I heard an OL guy say that Penei still looks like he is in RT mode a bit with his hand placement, he is striking out more with his right hand than his left. I agree, it’s just something that will take a bit of time for him to re-acclimate with until it’s instinct again.
Juice will compete for the LG spot as soon as Mays come back per DC this morning