Just FYI to all the naysayers

The Lions should have beaten the number one ranked team in the league. I know close but no cigar but if you can’t see progress you are blind.

8 Likes

There is also the thought that philly took their foot off the gas.

7 Likes

I still have confidence that we beat the Hawks and go to 2-2, which would be a good start. But the Eagles were in control of the majority of the game and were the far better team, they scored 38 points and we couldn’t stop Hurts, let’s be realistic about that. We were down 17 points in the 3rd Q, I liked the fight to get back in the game though for sure. The Eagles are a legit team and are going to run away with the NFC east.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Almost won a lot last year too. Doesn’t mean anything other then we still lost.

6 Likes

We also got blown out a bunch last year, several games where we lost by 20+ points, so I see some improvement, now we need to learn how to finish games for the love of God!

chris farley GIF

2 Likes

Through 3 weeks that Eagles team looks like the most complete team in the league. To only lose to them by 3 is a great moral victory.

2 Likes

Yep, they are real good. And their defense is legit so it’s impressive we scored 35 on them. They held the Vikes to 7 and Commanders to 8 the last 2 weeks. Great offense combined with great defense, I think they are the best team in the NFC.

4 Likes

We are much better on Offense and ST… but lacking defensively overall imho

Last year Thru 3 games:

67-95 we were out scored

This year

96- 102

We are scoring 10 more points a game but have the same Def

So…. We keep the offense where it’s at and improve the defense

2 Likes

How about this. What if I told you there was a middle ground? What if I told you most Lions fans have been burned 20 times before, have seen “progress” 20 times before, and been called haters and naysayers and morons 20 times before because we didn’t jump in with both feet 3 games into a 1-2 start to the season? If you’re all in, that’s fantastic, but it just shows how insecure you are in your “all in” belief in this team, that you have to make a post calling out everyone who doesn’t agree with you. It’s awesome that you’ve fully bought in, but a) calm down, b) let the rest of us buy in when we see some results in the record. None of us, and I mean NONE of us, owe this org the benefit of the doubt. Don’t be mad because some people are cautious about getting burned yet again.

19 Likes

Well said, completely understand this take. Also, your profile pic of B. Holmes with hair is pretty funny, never noticed that one before… @BigNatty can’t be pleased with it. haha

2 Likes

If we can get decently healthy on offense we have a shot at beating the Patriots too. I read Mac Jones will probably miss a couple games.

1 Like

Which we all knew to be the case going into the year. The problem is we all took too big a swig of grandpas kool aid. I’m resetting my expectations for this year. That’ll help me not be beyond pissed when the defense blows games.

1 Like

I also love it… an updated version of the Mayhew one. I laughed pretty hard when I noticed this.

6 Likes

It’s okay to take a few sips now and then, just don’t be guzzling it, haha. But I think most of us had this as a 6-8 win football team before the year. I said 7-9-1 and that’s kinda what we look like to me. We can play competitive games because the offense is improved, but the defense isn’t ready yet, hopefully we see improvement on defense as the year progresses. If we can’t slow down Geno Smith, I might start worrying a bit.

2 Likes

Haha thanks man. My old one was the same but with mayhew. It was time for an update. When I was making it Nattys reaction crossed my mind lol. Man I have too much free time.

6 Likes

Maybe we should just consider being semi-competative with the Eagles as a “Moral Victory” and be content

Never been a fan base so happy with almost winning

#MoraleVictoryChampions
#NobodyMoraleVictorysLikeUs
#LosingSpunAsPositiveIsWhatWeDo
#MaybeWeShouldTryForRealVictories

3 Likes

The
Decade

Only swap the "20"s with “30”

6 Likes

Can a team make the playoffs with “Almost Wins”???

We would be in the playoffs every year if so. That would be awesome

Awesome Chris Farley GIF

4 Likes

Serious question, and I have had this conversation before with buds. Would you rather be the Lions of the past 30+ years or the Bills? The Bills lost 4 super bowls in a row, “almost super bowl wins”

I’m really not sure which one would be more painful as a fan. To never win a playoff game or to get so close and never finish the deal.

2 Likes