Just to get in the draft mood. let’s revisit

the Lions most fun win to watch last year. Literally nobody expected them to beat the Cards here. And it was pretty decisive. Goff looked great, even under pressure, St Brown was bringing it and Oruwariye looks like a legit number one corner. Harris and the Dline had Murray scrambling all day

9 Likes

Welcome to Detroit!!!

3 Likes

Goff with a 140 rating, over 8 ypc and 80% accuracy. If we get that Goff most of next year, it would be pretty magical

6 Likes

And…allll will be improved upon. Raymond > Williams too. That’s gonna provide a little more cap room, as well as a means of upgrading the RB room. Raymond will be cheap and a nice insurance policy.

2 Likes

@Air2theThrown called it here, so I give credit to him.

4 Likes

That was the game you could see the potential quarterback Goff can be. The question is how do you unlock that for every game. For some reason he always plays that way against Arizona.

1 Like

Is it just me or do you find yourself watching Sewell just manhandle people the kid is amazing.To me this video shows just as much about the Oline than Goff cant wait to see how it looks with Frank back in the middle and Sewell with a year in a NFL weightroom.

5 Likes

Nice win but it looks a whole lot less impressive than it did at the time considering what a mess the Cardinals were afterwards.

It’s a nice trip down memory lane to one of the few feel good days. My only concern is the projection tons of fans are doing. Our passing game was abysmal last year. Goff looked lost, our receivers sucked and we lacked playmaking all over. Goff threw the ball away twice on 4th down. Taking a 4 game stretch in which we played a falling apart minny defense, a declining cardinals team and a game against the Packers where they didn’t care about the outcome… and thinking that is what we will look like going forward is a bad idea. In short doses, matt Flynn looked like a probowler. Over all of last season the passing game ranks right with Denver, Miami, Atlanta, and the jets.

You really can’t expect that every game. Not even Brady can do that and im not even sure how many games Stafford had like that last year, tbh.

1 Like

Cards were in decline but they still finished with 11 wins, had the 11th ranked defense and beat the Cowboys a couple weeks later

1 Like

and the jaguars beat the bills. This is the NFL. Any given sunday. But you don’t use 1 week, or 2 weeks for evaluation. You have to use all 17 is my point.

4 Likes

For sure, Sewell is a complete stud.

2 Likes

Deandre Hopkins went down in the LA game the week before we played them, they lost that game and 4 of the next 5. They were 1-5 the last 6 games after going 10-2 before he went down.

2 Likes

This… The cards were in the beginnings of a colossal meltdown to end the season. I don’t put much stock in a single game… When this team can string together 6, 7, 8 weeks of consistent GOOD football on all sides of the ball, that’s when I’ll start believing they’re heading in the right direction.

And they looked dreadful in the losses. Credit to the Lions for the win but they beat what turned out to be a pretty shitty Cardinals team.

This is why I’d proceed with caution in projecting the Lions to do well next season, they beat a beat up Cards team and a Packers team with nothing to play for so I think it set expectations a bit too high for next season. Even with a good draft, I think it’s going to be another year next season. 5-6 wins is my expectation. I see some folks projecting 9-11 wins. How is that possibly going to happen with this roster?

1 Like

Losing to the Lions would wreck anyone’s confidence and send an entire franchise into a deep spiral. Green Bay didn’t win a single game for the rest of the year after losing to the Lions. That’s a fact, look it up.

Cleavage Reaction GIF by moodman

1 Like

At least we are starting to progress to complaining about wins rather than losses

Regardless of how they played after losing a WR. We blew up their Oline all day and dropped some points. We pushed around a top ten defense

Yes, you can’t make too much out of one win. But it can be appreciated for what it is and the potential some of the players flashed

3 Likes

I think it’s pretty straightforward. Keep the pocket as clean as possible, have a decent run/pass mix, and have wide receivers who run their routes as designed. Do that, and Goff can be a Giunsu knife - slicing and dicing all day long.

I don’t know why people are obsessed with cramming a square peg into a round hole (giggity). When Stafford was here, people got upset that he wasn’t the dink and dunk king, making 100 flawless 3-yard passes in a row. Now that we have a guy who does that pretty darned well, people pine for the gunslinger recklessly slinging it into small turkey holes (giggity again).

2 Likes

A win is a win, no matter how you slice it…and I’ll take it.

3 Likes