Kenny Golladay update

But Stafford never made anyone around him better! Lol

3 Likes

Yeah, his catch radius was insane. I think too many of those high and wide passes from strong, armed QB’s wore on his body like it did with CJ as well.

3 Likes

Your argument is 65 yards with UDFA’s throwing to him or 85 yards per game with a #1 overall “strong armed QB” ? That’s your proof that KG was “dependent on a strong arm QB”? LOL

How are stating the facts a Stafford zinger? You’re the one trying to take big plays away from Blough to try and pump-up the difference between Stafford and a UDFA QB throwing to KG.
I’m not arguing who the better QB is, I’m just saying that KG had some nice games with a scrub QB throwing to him. Hence, making your statement incorrect.

1 Like

Yes, we disagree….good talk.

Yeah, you definitely have a distorted view on things…and this one seems to be right in line with that.

What happened to it being okay with disagreeing? Your coming off as someone who has to have the last word and who to get his jabs in when someone disagrees w you. We disagree. My viewpoint is not distorted. Move on.

2 Likes

Who ?

1 Like

Yep, that’s cool…and I apologize for saying your view is distorted. We just see things a lot differently.

3 Likes

Golladay was on pace for just under 1100 yards and 8 tds with Driskell and blough…. See Corey Davis, C Kirk and AJ Brown- he was gonna get his. Glad we didn’t give ur up

2 Likes

You don’t remember him!?

On Stage Performance GIF by Kenny G

4 Likes

Miles Davis knew Kenny G was suspect…

kg

Miles knew everything way ahead of the crowd all his life

2 Likes

Said it at the time and even moreso now. Letting somebody else overpay Golladay and getting a 3rd as the cherry on top is Holmes best move to date. The Jameson Wllliams trade might well surpass that eventually but still… Bullet… Dodged

5 Likes

Golladay needed to go to a team with a strong armed QB who has the balls to throw into tight coverage. Instead, he signed with a team that has Daniel Jones at QB. If he had somehow followed Stafford to LA or signed with KC his numbers would have looked very different last year… during the games when he actually played. The injuries were more of a concern for me than the lack of separation.

2 Likes

I like Kenny G and would have been happy at the time if we could have resigned him to a fair contract for all parties. At $18 Mil I was fine to see him walk away. I do not think he has lost his ability to play WR over the last year. I think this is more an indictment on Daniel Jones.

This is funny you blame Stafford for anything you possibly can, you find some way dig at him In every post. He really got to you winning that Superbowl. If you only judged other QBs the same way .

This made me laugh.

3 Likes

I like Golladay, he’s just never been worth that contract. At the time most here would’ve been happy to see him resign with Detroit for $10m/year or somewhere in that ballpark.

1 Like

I would have to go back, but I think I was in the $12-$12.5 range. I think it was a “good luck” when I heard about his contract. I never thought he was a NY sort of guy.

1 Like

Getting into the game logs the biggest difference I see between Golladay’s shitty season in 2021 vs what he did with our backup QBs in 2019 is 1 splash play per game. So in New York he might have 2 catches for 20 yards for an entire game. But with our backups he had the same 2 catches for 20 yards but had a 47 yard splash play to put him at 67 yards instead of 20. Another example might be 3 for 30 in New York. But he’d have a 34 yard splash play with our backups that put him at 64 yards instead of 30.

So to get Golladay up to the level he played with our backups they just need 1 extra play per game out of him. But if you compare that to how he played with Stafford it takes more than 1 play to duplicate.

1 Like

Also if we paid KG #1 WR money, they probably wouldn’t have been willing to invest in a 1st round WR. Letting KG walk looks better every day.

3 Likes

Giants also have a terrible Oline. Their LT gave up almost 60 pressures last year. PFF ranked them 30th overall.

That’s not going to bode well for the deep routes. It’s likely though they will be much better this year