Kerryon

Yeah, he seems to go down easier than the average NFL RB. Every time I think he’s going to break one, he gets tripped up by his shoelace or whatever.

He’s had about 100 carries this year. His longest run is……………FOURTEEN YARDS. That can’t all be on the O-Line. Make a play young man…

KJ has played here part-time in two seasons…Has played TOTALLY the equivalent of 1-season ALL TOGETHER {So Far} his career numbers 945 yards rushing. But that sucks -right?

34 year old Adrian Peterson, who is running on fumes, has a better rushing AVE than Johnson. Through 6 games he’s averaging 3.3 yards per carry. That stinks.

KJ is supposed to be in his breakthrough season and he has regressed substantially. He’s also been injury prone since college. Time to look for his replacement next draft or in FA. I hope Austin Ekeler is a FA next off-season and the Lions sign him.

2 Likes

I am thinking that Bevells running game must be very different. KJ looked good last year. This year not so much even when blocking was OK (which has been rare). I think Bevells blocking scheme and running schemes must be fairly complex and that will be the last part of the offense to come together. I was listening to one of the announcers yesterday and he said on one play Wiggins had to pull from his guard position, cross in front of the QB and take on the DE on the other side of the line. He missed and the DE made a play. The announcer said that is an extremely difficult play for a guard. So perhaps we need to simplify some of the scheme. The kind of play the announcer mentioned not only seems difficult but seems really stupid when you are having execution problems already. I am sure Bevell has had successful running games because he can add complexity to the scheme but if your personnel are struggling then why not simplify some things.

1 Like

KJ was injured both 2018 & 19 seasons 1 GD season effectively , and has ran for 945 yards IN HIS CAREER I point HERE! Newsflash this team has ran worth shit for years…KJ’s biggest fault is health and NOT running ability…because he would have OVER 1,000 yards IF he had stayed healthy. and PART of his career KJ ran behind a LESSER OC in JBC, so that HURT his progress not helped it !

here he is in 2019carrying the mass majority of the running…and NOW/again , he is injured.

Adrian Peterson has been in the league a long ass time, decades compared to KJ…so it’s foolish to compare !

KJ plays 7 games in 2019 and is ready to throw his ass out ! he is running behind an o-line that is a pass protect based line “learning” how to run block…NOT that they do it well ! but it’s all KJ’s fault . give him a chance ! Fuck we used Theo Riddick forever and he couldn’t run for anything ! Zenner was “better” but still a poor RB. along comes KJ and he has 945 yards between last season injured AND the 6 or 7 games THIS season…and damn he’s labeled garbage and a reach !

I like KJ and thought he was the best of the rest when we drafted him. I didn’t think he was an every down back when we drafted him and I still don’t. But there is an effective role for him in this offense when he is healthy.

If you pick up your 3.3 per carry it keeps you in manageable down and distance. It isn’t exciting, but it is a part of success. But much of the running is against defenses that are geared up to stop the run. That falls on your playcaller in many respects.

We jump to a defense to stop the Vikes running at end of game. They throw over us and score. We run into the teeth of the defense. That is the difference between stepping on the throat and fear of winning IMHO.

Cook looked good his first 2 seasons, he just got hurt alot…like Kerryon. Cook rushed for over 100 yards in his very first career game.

1 Like

What the hell are you people talking about? In his rookie season, he had over 600 yards rushing in 10 games of fairly limited action averaging 5.4 yards a carry. Doesn’t catch the ball much? He also had 32 receptions in that limited action. He has a few rough games this season and all of a sudden he shouldn’t have picked in the 2nd round? Ridiculous.

The biggest question, as has always been the case, is his health. He hasn’t looked healthy all year, lacking the burst he had last year. Get this guy healthy with a decent run blocking line and you have a 1000 yard and 50 reception RB which is well worth a 2nd. It’s sad that people are giving up on him already as if he’s Teez fucking Tabor.

2 Likes

Injury history in college leads to an injury history in the pro’s,poor talent evaluation by the Lions.

Not sure if yards after contact means breaking tackles or not but prior to the last 4 games and dating back to last season he was among the best at yards after contact.

2 years and 2 knee injuries, I think KJ would make a good #2 back but we can’t count him to be the #1. We need another guy in here who is equally as good if not better.

2 Likes

Yep
He’s a nice back with an availability issue

The very definition of “side piece”…in many ways…

3 Likes

2 lengthy injury related games missed stretches

Really has a ball security issue.

They need a 1a so Kerryon can be 1b or 2. Denver backfield setup.

Also, go get Kareem Hunt.

Go get Kareem Hunt so he can kick this run game up a notch. Really nice 1-2 punch.

2 Likes

I see what you did there lol

Cub,
If a RB runs for 62.5 yards in one game, does that make him a good RB?

His name should be Kerrydoff.

3 Likes

I used to joke that if Knowshon Moreno’s name was actually Shawn Moreno, they would still announce him the same way before every game. “No Shawn Moreno today for this game.” LOL

2 Likes

depends on what he does per season, I would imagine. 1 game is impressive , but we don’t have any 1-game seasons.