Kerryon

62.5 yards rushing for one game is “impressive”?

1 Like

You seem to have an infatuation with yardage stats, Cub.

3 Likes

it’s over 1,000 yards in 17 games . 62.5 x 17= 1,062.5 yards.

Well, the NFL regular season is only 16 games so it’s 1000 yards. It shouldn’t be considered a great feat to get that. Although it seems to be for our RB’s.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

Yeah, 1000 yards isn’t all that impressive. Any starting RB that plays most of the season gets there. Usually 10-15 guys are at or near 1000 yards at the end of the year. Although Nick Chubb had 996 yards last year and averaged only 12 carries per game. Now, that is impressive.

Team rushing stats mean more to me than individual stats. I think you are missing an opportunity to take advantage of the abundance of talent at the RB position these days if you are handing the ball off to one single rusher for most of your carries and he’s not a Zeke/Saquon type talent. I also like the opportunity to spread the wealth to knock down the guys overall numbers…to help with potentially resigning the guy. Two guys who combine for 300 carries for 1,500 yards rushing will almost always be cheaper than one guy who carries 300 times for 1,500 yards. But in the end, its the same production levels.

But as I’ve said, if I can have a Zeke or Saquon, all bets are off. Their impact is bigger than their numbers, kind of like Randy Moss vs some of the other receivers who had similar numbers back in his day.

1 Like