Kicker tryouts tomorrow

Is Fox not capable of kicking? Just curious as I have no idea if kicking is that specialized a skill set vs punting. I mean fox clearly has the leg to make some long kicks. I’d have him practice all week and give him a shot at pulling double duty on Sunday. Can’t be much worse than what we have now.

He’s currently terrible, based on video evidence.
He’d probably need about 20 minutes worth of practice (just a guess) to lead the league.
Of course, if he’s on the field, his propensity is to get the yardage rather than kick, so who knows what that looks like.

2 Likes

Considering he’s the holder, can he do both at the same time!?

And with our defense, we should probably go for 2 every time, and never kick field goals. When the other team is scoring 40 per game, field goals won’t help much.

1 Like

I mean…someone else could be the holder couldn’t they? Get the backup qb to do it. Wouldn’t be the first time.

1 Like

It was a joke! Of course someone else can hold.

1 Like

Gotcha. Forgive my slowness…I’m 12 hours into my workday with 4 left to go

1 Like

That’s a long day, get some coffee!!

Snow White Coffee GIF

Gather the snap, spin the ball so it stands on end, kick that sombitch out of the stitching
I’d love to see our offense with Fox in it regularly…go for 2, boys!

1 Like

You don’t require a holder to kick an extra point, or a field goal. You can > drop kick.

It actually might be worth seeing if Fox could utilize this method as an emergency

2 Likes

I think they do. I recall a team offering more money to a PS player to keep him off another team’s active roster.

please get a kicker with a damn clue what he’s doing -like Jason Hanson used to…

1 Like

Would have loved Hansen and Fox on the same team. Used to love listening to Speilman talk about Hanson in preseason games. So funny.
Hansen comes out with a goatee.
Speilman’s response…“Oh! Look at this! Jason Hanson with a Goatee! What next, is he gonna start wearing a neck roll?”

Hansen makes a tackle in a game (pretty sure it was a hit out of bounds…Speilman laughing & talking about how he taught Hanson to tackle (he wasn’t kidding either). such good stuff!

2 Likes

Maybe this guy is one of the mystery try outs:

At the very least he can make a PAT, so that’s already an improvement…lol

3 Likes

Here are his stats:

He’s an upgrade over our current situation for sure.

Oh i know that man

He was on the chargers as thier kicker

Thats a cursed man right there

1 Like

As of Monday afternoon, only one of the kickers who have earned a tryout has leaked publicly. Per Aaron Wilson, the Lions are working out Lirim Hajrullahu.

Hajrullahu made four game appearances last year with the Panthers and Cowboys, making four of five kicks along the way with a long of 35. He also had a long CFL career, where he made 47 of 55 field goals (83.3%) with a career-long of 56 yards.

1 Like

I’d take me out there over Eberle at this point

3 Likes

Send in your highlight package asap!

Football Sport GIF by Indianapolis Colts

1 Like

3 Likes