Kiper's Latest 2-Round Mock

Posted a couple hours via ESPN+:

#2 Sauce Gardner
#32 Lewis Cine
#34 David Ojabo

Interesting.

1 Like

I know there are a few on here that would be perfectly okay with Gardner, but that would honestly be one of the most disappointing picks to me. Thats not because of his ability. I just believe you don’t take a CB when you are starring at a couple pass rushers who are just as talented.

4 Likes

When I say “click”, you say “bait”!

Click!

BAIT!

Click!

BAIT!

4 Likes

That’s not click bate just because you don’t agree Kippers been a draft guru for a long time he just happens to not be very good at it.

4 Likes

Well I don’t love the idea of another CB there but what the heck do I know….

I have no problem sitting on Ojabo for a year, but if we do that, may as well call it a Mulligan year and take Willis at two….

3 Likes

LOL - Fantastic post. Loved it!

2 Likes

If David Ojabo is the difference between “trying” and “tanking” then the Lions are even worse than I thought…

1 Like

I would get worked up about this, but then I remember the draft when the Lions took Big Mike Williams, Kiper had him as the #1 player on his board.

3 Likes

I have no problem with Sauce as I’ve mentioned but I wasn’t a big fan of Ojabo’s even before his achilles injury, I’d far prefer a guy who can contribute immediately like Ebiketie there, if he was available. Or even Bonitto.

4 Likes

I agree on the Ojabo selection. I’d rather have another edge there.

One thing to consider on the Achilles injuries, the Lions have two guys coming off a similar injury in Okudah and Romeo. Okudah is young like Ojabo, and Romeo plays the same position. If they are confortable in their recovery, they may be more inclined to take a chance on someone like Ojabo.

I don’t so much have an issue with the specifics of the injury, just that we’re drafting a guy who can’t help right away, and that I didn’t love Ojabo as a prospect before the injury.

I’m a big fan of Bonitto but i’m just not sure if our defense is the right style of defense to get the kost out of him.

Yeah, if you look at the Saints there’s not really a guy like him doing well on their roster (Zack Baun is sorta similar but is now a backup LB). Bonitto’s a glove fit in a traditional 3-4 setup and is also a great fit in a 49ers-style 4-3 as a Leo, so maybe the plan is to be so multiple we can find ways to play him to his strengths? Because those strengths are really appealing,

Ojabo is a project, good upside but right now he is only good at rushing the QB and a weakness against the run.

1 Like

Again, who has Sauce played against in terms of competition? This is the Jeff Okudah v2.0 situation. Conference USA isn’t a juggernaut

1 Like

I’d be okay with the Cine pick. I guess, I wouldn’t hate picking Gardener at 2oa as much as taking Ojabo.
There are just too many good, uninjured players that will be available at 34. You can’t tell me he is that much better than any of them.
Take Ojabo with the 3rd round comp pick if he’s there, and, he should be.

1 Like

I would be so pissed if we drafted a CB at 2 again. Pleasant did wonders with the UDFA’s and young guys last year. We have so many other pressing needs.

1 Like

Imagine what he could do with a secondary featuring players like Sauce Gardner, Lewis Cine, Amani24, TW, and Iffy.

Set the record for worst rush defense?

1 Like