Kris Simms: Trubisky and Mariota significantly better than Goff

Spot on.

Dan and Brad have been steady and consistent in their shared plan. Year one was primarily about rectifying the salary cap and transforming culture. This year one of the main themes is to find out who Goff is in year 7: 2017/18 flash or 2020/21 shriveled? The offensive stage is set for him.

Ready, lights, camera, action!! Can’t wait to see how this plays out…

1 Like

#Brilliant

Perhaps it would be helpful to be more familiar with the guys who have a platform and have an opinion. They have a platform because they have insight and experience and typically the trusted ones the guys who really have a good sense of the thing they speak of keep that platform. This doesn’t make them perfect or that they are always right but what they say shouldn’t just be dismissed bc it doesn’t jive with what I want to hear or believe. Simms has had several lions posts over the last few months that have been very positive. He was a Stafford fan when others were not, his podcasts are pretty revealing and his critiques come across as accurate a great deal of the time. The way I see it, when a guy critiques another player at that level I always ask myself, What does he know that i do not know? It most likely is a lot more complex than “he just doesn’t like him”. Perhaps he is influenced by coaches he talked to that don’t like the player etc. The reality is the access, the tape that Simms watches is nuts, he studies the game extensively just so he can talk about it. So maybe there is some truth to what Simms says. Maybe if tribs or Mariotta had McVay they would have balled out…Goff has a lot to prove and that is fair…find me a Detroit sports talk radio or national pundit right now who believes Goff is the man in Detroit going forward. We just do not know. It will all work out in the end regardless of if he is the bridge or the future…but right now…a 3-13-1 team has a lot of growing to do before we know anything.

2 Likes

I really don’t like Trubisky, never have and don’t care if he can light up bad teams, how many of you think he’s better than Goff ? Considering last season? Goff had things out of his control working against him WHILE on The Lions’ roster @ QB. 21 did him no favors…and that’s why I do not totally hang that bad season on Goff .

1 Like

Of course. I’m specifically asking why Simms so emphatically points out that Goff “was benched for Wolford”, and leaves out facts like Goff just had surgery on his thumb. Do you think that wasn’t relevant? I mean, if thats the case, he should also point out that Russell Wilson was benched for Geno Smith last year. Ridiculous statement, right?

If Simms is the savant you think he is, he should be aware that thumb surgery was a part of the decision.

He clearly hates Goff. I think there is more to it than Goffs play on the field.

Of all the Hacks out there, Simms and Florio have been consistently some of the worst. I too liked their take on the Lions draft, but that also concerns me a bit. It’s usually the under the radar drafts that are truly the best. Teams that get the next Russell Wilson or Dak in the later rounds.

Simms was a terrible QB and couldn’t hit a barn door. His football takes have a very similar trajectory. Every once in a while he gets a big play, but more often than not he is sacked.

1 Like

I’m not super-high on Goff either, but he’s our damn QB now I WAS giving him hell early on in 2021, but see the whole picture of that season now-per se, and I will not -as I’ve said just blame him for the 2021 mess of a season.

all this said, Let Goff show The doubters in 2022 !

1 Like

It goes back to that draft - He was enamored with Paxton Lynch

2 Likes

The thumb injury was not the entire story. And that is what I am getting at. He has more access than the general public. McVay was over Goff. If McVay was not over Goff then he wouldn’t stay with Wolford when Goff was saying he was able to play. He only went back to Goff because of the gruesome head injury Wolford took vs the Seahawks.

Where did I say Simms is a Savant? The implication you are implying is that he is unique and gifted. No, he is a guy who comes from a football family, who played Division 1 football at a high level, was drafted to play in the NFL, and then went and worked as an intern for the Patriots sleeping on an air mattress in the office to make sure he was there early enough to dissect the film and get his reports to the position coaches. He is like a lot of respected people in his position, he grinds his profession. He puts insane hours into his passion and that leaves him very prepared and articulate about the topics he is discussing.

I am sorry but this is a bullshit response. Do you even realize what you are saying? How loaded the sentence “he clearly hates Goff” is. You better have some pretty hard evidence to say such a thing, because it is not clear at all, and to hate someone is a serious accusation. And to assume that because he thinks that Goff might be the worst QB in the NFL is ridiculous. He is not talking about Brady. He is not saying an elite QB is a bad QB. He is saying a QB who can’t handle pressure and whose anxiety gets the best of him crumbled after working with a demanding controlling SUPER BOWL-Winning head coach. It is not that far off to say Goff is at a crossroads and the jury is out. So no you don’t have ANYTHING that clearly suggests Simms hates Goff.

You don’t even know who SIMMS is, you have never talked to him, and you clearly don’t follow him bc you can’t even spell his name right in the title of your thread but you think his “hatred” of Goff is more than just his play on the field? So now this is a personal beef? All this because you don’t agree with his take, a take he is far more qualified to have than your own. Gotcha.

2 Likes

Oh, so he is a hack now? Okay, good to know. Some of the worst…bold claims.

:rofl:

Did you play division 1 football? Did you get drafted to play in the NFL? What the hell does that have to do with his ability to talk football?

Oh, I see now, you are trying to be funny. Ya fumbled. You are entitled to your opinion…everyone has one.

How shall I put this?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I think I will put my faith in Holmes, Campbell, and Brunell.

2 Likes

Ya’ll are hilarious. Do you really think Simms is holding a grudge and hates a dude because of draft speculation? Unlike some guys around here, there are guys out there who are okay with their projections not panning out as they hypothesize. Predraft analysis there is nothing wrong with what Simms said comparing the two qbs.

He definitely has working knowledge of being a NFL QB that I do not. Period.

Some people are just more insightful and strategic in life no matter the experience. He falls there in my opinion.

1 Like

First time I’ve ever heard of him, I think?
Who is this person that anyone should give even a fart?

This is my absolute bottom line, no matter what is going on. Even if they are worng on some stuff, on most things, they will knock it out of the park.

1 Like

Oh, “Chris” Simms? Yeah, his dad was pretty good.
Chris? Not so much.

1 Like

I was just pointing out they Sims was down on Goff since before the draft even.

Also, not a great take on Paxton there

2 Likes

Chris Simms
Career NFL statistics
Pass attempts:
Pass completions:
Percentage:
TD–INT:
12–18
Passing yards:
QB Rating:
When it comes to professional NFL QB’s, he should probably zip it.
Goff did better than that, last year with no team around him.

2 Likes

Chris Simms also said he would take Cutler over Stafford soooo…:clown_face:

9 Likes

Love the clown. Nice touch.

2 Likes