KT watch

Yes and my point was that nobody knows what will come out of these players over the next 10 years and that all the number 1 over all does is allow you to pick who you think is the best player of the lot.

That would be ideal but don’t think there will be anyone motivated to move up to #1. Hope I’m wrong.

There’s a lot of pressure on Holmes and co

If Corral or Howell become franchise type guys and he doesnt take one…a majority of the fan base will not ever forget it unless he happens to land one the following year. I would say after 2 years…the fan base is gonna be really anxious if we are watching Jared Goff still.

It’s a tough spot.

However all the rookies QBs this year have been bad. So…no one should be complaining at all. I dont think Mac Jones will even be that good longterm.

Houston Texans are the odds on favorite for the #1 Pick, if the Lions finish 2nd or 3rd in the 2022 Draft. I expect them to be in the market for a replacement QB, to replace QB Watson, assuming Watson’s days at Houston are history. Texans are in need of a QB, even more than Detroit. IMO, they go QB, most likely Corral. If Detroit finishes with the 1st Pick option, they may be able to trade 1 place down with Houston, assuming Houston finishes No.2, if they can put out an effective smokescreen, that they just may take Corral or Malik themselves. Per Draftek, Lions should receive the overall #2 Pick, along with Houston’s 2022 2nd(#34) & 3rd Rounder(#66), along with a 4th or 5th in 2023.

Optimistically, a plausible scenario above, would net the Lions 2 Pics each in Rounds 1 & 2, along with 3 Picks in Round 3. Trading down 1 position, assuming finishing with the worst record in 2021, would still allow the Lions to take the No.1 DE of their choice (Thibs or Hutch), or another QB, if they are desperate. Am assuming the Lions wouldn’t be able or desire to trade down TWICE in the Top 10. It might be possible but unlikely given history.

When we had
Jones/Fairley/Suh/Ansah, our DBs were very average, and we were the best D in the league (technically 2nd, but our O was so bad hurting field position and TOP…we should have been first).

I like building up front first, so you don’t need as much in the secondary
VS
Building out the secondary and trying for courage sacks.

I totally get it. It a matter of preference really. I just think the NFL and good QBs will manage to minimize pressure when they need too. I also see the NFL OL holding quite a bit. Pressure and coverage is indeed a marriage and it’s a preference. I also wanna see how McNeil and Levi develop. We just drafted them in round 2 and 3…and Holmes even wanted to move up back into.round 1 for Levi. Safe to say everyone is disappointed thus far in Levi.

But I get your opinion totally and dont believe there is a right or wrong.

That was a misread. Calvin was the #1 but Al Davis gonna Al Davis.

Tim Couch draft is up there but the Winston/Mariota draft…wow, that suuuucked…like the Entire Draft. BahRooTaaHal

I agree that Russell was a misread my point i believe still stands that just because you have the number 1 doesn’t mean you will chose the right guy and just because the media doesn’t believe there is a true number 1 player available doesn’t mean you can’t find a great player in that spot.

1 Like

Agree. But, the Lions can shit the bed in any draft, so it doesn’t matter.

Jeff Okudah.

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Eh, I see this draft as pretty on par with last years. I guess we’re missing a few overrated QBs but… If we needed a tackle, I’m totally taking the tackle in this draft. I’m off the KT hype train, we need to find someone else. No heart players are not for me. I might have to take Hutchinson. He’s not first overall material like a Myles Garrett, but at least he’s 100% effort.

1 Like

Question for the Michigan guys, is Ojabo a first round pick?

I see Ojabo as late first round or 2nd round. He’s a great pass rushing OLB. Those guys aren’t as valued as DEs. He doesn’t have enough mass to get taken higher.

Ralph Macchio’s best movie was Crossroads, one of my all-time favorites.

1 Like

At 6’5” 250 with the frame to carry 260 eventually, the guy is long and super explosive. He ran a 23.57 200 meter dash in high school. He will test very well at the combine, and has the tape to back it up. He’s still green but has displayed the uncanny knack for bending the edge, ripping through blocks, and strip sacking the QB. Those type of guys are in high demand every year. I’d wager he’ll go top 20. Easy.

2 Likes

I agree Hutchinson isn’t #1 pick material but he is a football player. KT disappears like Jimmy Hoffa for long stretches of games. He just strikes me as a athletic guy who is going to blow up the combine and get over drafted. I see more athlete than football player with this guy.

1 Like

246 pounds… #2 OA… totally worth it.

Denver Broncos Football GIF by Broncos

1 Like

I’m not trading down unless I’m getting 2 picks in the top 10.

But if I can get that then I’m taking it 100%

I’d probably take Leal and Garrett Wilson.

KT has a Clowney vibe to me.

1 Like

I don’t see Ojabo as a Von Miller kind of player. I think he can be had in the 2nd round (or even 3rd) as he’s a situational player more than an every down player.

It’s amazing how few people know about that movie or even who Vai is.

2 Likes