KYLE HAMILTON NEEDS TO BE A LION NEXT YR

He did?

By all accounts, the Niners were THIS close to taking him. You knew that though, no?

Anyway, my point is that a big accurate arm can make up for mobility concerns. I wish he was playing in a better conference though.

But we don’t know that. It easily could’ve been pre-draft smoke. What we do know is he went 15th. 15th is a ways off from the top five of course.

I actually think Jones is a tick better athlete and he’s far ahead of Strong (or most any prospect) on the mental side.

Strong is definitely intriguing. I think the top half of round 1 is in reach. I just don’t think he’s likely to go top five but I could be mistaken of course.

My last name is Hamilton and Hammy was my nickname in High School.lol

2 Likes

A CB goes #3.

Lions Picks in that link:
1st round
Thibodeaux DE OR
Strong QB NV
2nd
Justyn Ross WR Clemson
3rd
Jaquan Brisker S PSU

WHY you take Thibodeaux. Best player available AND is a game changer, and addition by subtraction. Cut Flowers and gain almost $13 million in cap space.

And Hammy is a hamster…

It wasn’t pre-draft smoke. Shanahan said it himself AFTER the draft and there was no reason for him to make it up after the fact.

Anyway, Strong would be a top 5 reach right now but I see him as one of those late QB risers that we see almost every year. Lots of people think Willis could be that guy. I’m taking my shot with Strong which is a longshot, I know.

Well we went after John Johnson who was commanding a high end Safety contract, so perhaps that highlights that it is a position we are willing to invest highly at. It will be interested to see what AG and AP can do with our young DB’s. I know they were set back by Patricia and his scheme, but how much so TBD.

1 Like

The 49ers had no intention of taking Mac Jones. It was always Lance. LOL

2 Likes

LOL what? Shanahan himself said after the draft that it was a back and forth between the two guys but Lance won them over during the process because he brought a “different element”. There’s no reason for him to build a smokescreen after the draft. At the very least, Jones was in the conversation.

I’m not sure what interview after the draft you heard but I heard both Kyle and John say it was always about Lance. Mac was never the guy. They looked at guys but the Mac Jones rumors were always bullshit…just like everybody knew.

Yep. I’m okay with that haul. There are QBs I like more than Strong but in the late first he’s a decent value. Ross is a total steal if the neck is okay but man that’s a dicey medical situation. Not too familiar with Brisker. Thibedoux is my favorite player in this draft class so can’t go wrong with him.

1 Like

Either way, we’ll never know.

My general point is that Strong has the potential to rise up draft boards, like Jones did, even without elite mobility.

Yep, game changer.

Good stuff, man!

We do know. They had a choice and they didn’t pick Mac Jones. The Bears moved up and made a choice as well…not Mac Jones.

I can definitely see a team falling in love with his arm talent - like teams did Zac Wilson.

Love him don’t get me wrong, but is a safety worth a top 5 pick at this point? I’d rather land a pass rusher at that spot. (Thibodeaux)

Thibodeaux won’t make it to 5.

Thibodeaux is option #1 but we’ll have to have the 1st or 2nd pick to make that happen. Hamilton is my second favorite option but at #2 if Thibodeaux goes first, or #3 if Thibodeaux and a QB are already off the board? Probably not. Of course we don’t really need a DT or OT and that’s where some of the other value is, then there’s also Stingley.

But the year has yet to play out and is sure to shake up the top of the draft the way it always does. A year ago no one had heard of Zach Wilson, Lance was a late 1st rounder, Pitts and Waddle were mid first rounders, and Sewell was the #2 pick after Lawrence. Things change.

1 Like

Thibodeaux is the pick if he’s available.

If not, I’d target a trade down with Philly who has 3 1st Rd Picks or Giants who have 2. I have a feeling both teams will be looking to replace their QB and we could play them against eachother.

After the trade I’d target Hamilton.

With the additional pick I’d hope to grab Malik Willis or Matt Corral. Corral is my sleeper QB, he’s gotta cannon arm and hes sneaky quick. Reminds me a bit of Deshaun Watson.