Last minute Allen Robinson rumors

Again get it done. Robinson can still play.

2 Likes

No to much money we need to continue build not hand out retirement checks

4 Likes

Just let it work its self out. Holmes will get a good deal.

5 Likes

Detroit vs everyone. Lol

3 Likes

He’s coming to Detroit. It’s his hometown and he still loves it here. He’s made enough money to feel comfortable turning down another team for a slight discount.

Last year he was hampered by injuries and poor QB play, maybe he even feels he didn’t come into the season in tip-top shape. Who knows? Either way, he has a lot to prove, and if he signs in the D, you can best believe he’s going to give everything he’s got. I think his best football lies ahead. Don’t believe me? Look at his year over year stats… then look at who was throwing him the ball those years lol

1 Like

I would rather they spend money on defense personally.

1 Like

We clearly need help on defense. Look at it this way, if they sign Robinson. We can go wild on defense in the draft.

8 Likes

Trust Holmes. We can still spend money on the defense side.

3 Likes

I think the Lions still spend a top 34 pick on a WR personally. Even if they sign Robinson.

I think so too.

Christian Watson at 34

2 Likes

Not overly excited about the idea of splurging on arob, prefer that we only go for the williams splash signing and a bunch of second tier free agents. Oh well in brad i trust

1 Like

I think the Lions may use a liitle beanventory to move up from 67 into mid early rd 2 to grab their WR of choice.

Also, lets just say Allen Robinson is a done deal…well, with 4 WR in the house already that can play, plus maybe Raymond, it may be temporary gimps Metchie or Jameson Williams that people push down as guys like Skyy and Baylor Blazer Guy move up…

And SNAP!

Holmes snatches one 0f their asses up

bear trap GIF by South Park

5 Likes

T. Williams —> ARob
Cephus —> ASB
ASB ----> Jameson
Raymond —> Reynolds
Hodge ----> ?
Benson ----> ?

Potentially a fairly substantial step forward. Enough for us to take a sh!t or get off the part posture as it relates to Goff.

2 Likes

If the Lions get a healthy and ready to rock Robinson, you can start the season with him, Cephus, ARSB, Reynolds, Raymond, etc feeling pretty confident in that group.

Remember, rookie WRs often take a year or two to acclimate to the big league, so I wouldn’t expect a big difference maker at 32 or 34 anyways. Not saying it can’t happen, but history tells us a WR in that range isn’t necessarily an immediate difference maker. (ARSB was a major exception, and didn’t deserve to fall as far as he did).

I’ve said this already but I’d be more than okay with them going defense, defense, and more defense. It’s a draft with a deep talent pool of defensive prospects. That being said, I wouldn’t object to a skilled position player or two being taken on a value, but would prefer to see >75% of our picks dedicated to defensive players.

7 Likes

Not under contract for this season. I wouldn’t mind him back, but essentially replace Raymond with a 2nd-3rd round rookie and all this still stands.

Aight so these instagram rumors should be treated the way we used to look at Bleacher Report.

Justin rogers said it best

6 Likes

Same. It’s WR and defense for me. The entire defense needs an infusion of talent. At every level. But they need a real WR

1 Like

A guy like skye Moore who this forum is slobbing over could fall to 66. He reminds me of ARSB in terms of the hype and where he actually ended up. Maybe it’s hopeful. But unless it’s a stud like George Pickens or Jameson or something I’d rather not just take a Wr for the heck of it if we sign ARob. Better to take one you love each year and develop him. ESP if you have a veteran #1 who can ease the pressure.