Levi Onwuzurike

Just look at his hairstyle, real gambler!

Yup - super committed to being handsome as well.

Is the 2021 Combine cancelled?

The 2021 NFL Combine has been cancelled due to concerns regarding COVID-. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter who released a statement from the NFL, all workouts will be done on campuses across the country.Jan 19, 2021

2 Likes

No not the combine in the traditional sense but ….

Like I said they still did Medical’s and centralized workouts.

2 Likes

It wasn’t the same medicals. Half of the guys were not even evaluated in person. And those that had in person evaluations did not have a bunch of team doctors able to get their hands on them and form their own opinion. It was a strange time.

2 Likes

This is only your speculation, he can play there but he is no answer there. I believe most of his snaps came from outside. You just don’t want a DT so you keeps pushing this as a fact. Show me anything that says there moving him to be the 3t ? He can move inside but he is not a 3t at this point. He is a DE that can move inside because we don’t have one

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if it’s a strange time. All employee of the NFL must pass a full examination and all employees of the a team have to pass examination by team doctors.

There is no exceptions. Covid included.

If you consider a zoom call a full examination, you might be correct. If you think team docs put their hands on every one of these kids prior to the draft like they normally do, that is not correct. The 2021 draft was the exception to that. Also, even for the kids that ended up getting a physical examination, it wasn’t like other years where each team doc had a chance to put his hands on the kid. They wanted to limit each players exposure to other people. So most of the team docs had to rely on someone else’s information. One exam, one report.

“You’ve got incomplete medical information on these guys, and nothing scares a general manager more than not having the medical” - Daniel Jeremiah

2 Likes

Listen again to people in charge at combine they were asked abut Big V an Levi Big V is likely to be healthy an able to play . Levi is not in same boat. His was different operation that Big V.

Now maybe that’s them speculating but you would know???

I really hope to see Levi on the field some this year. The kid has some talent. Levi has some of the nastiest hands I’ve ever seen on a DL prospect. His “punch” off the snap was elite level.

Remember E.Honda from Streetfighter? That is the kind of hands that Levi has!

2 Likes

What does that have to do with you saying that Pashcal was drafted to be our 3T and we don’t need one ?

I don’t question onwuzurike on his toughness or if he wants to play ball. He played with a very painful back injury his rookie year. He could have easily said no. I really hope the surgery fixed his issue and he can play again. I’m rooting for the kid.

6 Likes

Rooting for him as well, he does have some talent if he can be healthy… regardless the lions offseason likely wont consider him at all and it shouldn’t. He will be on the roster come camp and we will see if he can turn it around, if not the other guys brought in or drafted will still be expected to do what they were brought in for and levi not being able to go wont be as crippling for the defense as it was last year.

1 Like

Yea, no. Levi doesn’t work hard. That isn’t speculation. That’s coming from Allen Park.

What happens after you stand toe to toe and look them in the eye? Seems kinda awkward and invading a person’s bubble. :joy:

Where did you read or hear that Levi doesn’t work hard?

1 Like

Same place I heard that there were concerns last year about JAMO preparation but faith he will
Improve w an offseason. Same place I heard BJ wasn’t leaving. Same place I heard Birkett burned a lot of sources w his Crosby hit piece on the lions.

2 Likes

Interesting. I remember Dan mentioning him as a workout warrior last offseason. This was during the precamp workout time. I got excited that he was going to come back strong. Then he hurt his back again. But i have no connections. I just know Dan brought him up publicly as someone who came back in good shape who he was looking forward to see on the field.

4 Likes

Let me rephrase. He hasn’t taken his rehabilitation as seriously or aggressively as he told he should by the doctors and what the team expected. People questioned if he even wanted to play football…….

3 Likes

I would assume at this point we are moving forward like anything we get from Levi is a bonus. Would clearly be a major mistake to count on him in any way, IMO.

4 Likes