Levi Onwuzurike

I wouldn’t call what I did judgmental. More like pointing out the obvious.

But if what I did was judging then you must be judging my judging of his judging…. lol

Heck every post on the Den that points to a fact, questions, or forms an opinion must be judgmental I guess.

This is the world we live in…

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

3 Likes

Yep, a china doll as I recall.

1 Like

Does anybody know exactly what kind of back injury he has ? If its herniation or something like that, he probably will not play again.

He’s at the point where you expect nothing from him. Any production from here on out is a bonus.
But you don’t view him as a piece of the future until he proves otherwise with actual performance.
Until he performs, he’s just a camp body.

1 Like

Why is this directed at me? I dont disagree but my post was simply about people implying that he doesnt care or eant to play reminds me of how people talked about stafford.

1 Like

Sewell, Micah Parsons and Jamarr Chase also sat out.

2 Likes

I think this year is his last chance. If the back is still an issue, then for his sake I would retire. It sucks, but we need to cut our losses if he can’t get through another offseason. I really hope he does show us something, but I don’t see us counting on it at this point. Obviously the Lions brass know where he’s at so I guess we’ll see what happens.

“Onwuzurike also dealt with the back injury last year and General Manager Brad Holmes said he “is dealing with something that we were aware of and that we knew about” heading into the draft.”

3 Likes

I don’t think Brad was told with accuracy the severity of the back injury. I’m just speculating here, but yeah it just seems it was worse than what was originally diagnosed.

2 Likes

Maybe. I appreciate Holmes taking full responsibility. He makes it sound like he knew it all.

Wasnt the Lions medical staff the one that had a major issue with downplaying back injuries?

2 Likes

I’m not sure. Didn’t we end up replacing them during the last offseason?

1 Like

He had a bulging disc.

He decided to get it operated on.

NFL and team Doctors cleared him before he was drafted.

2 Likes

Not to question you Aire, but during the covid year, how much medical was allowed? If IIRC, things were very hands off during that time. ??

1 Like

I believe they did replace them.

My opinion is this. Brad had most of the information, but not all of it. The circumstances prevented some of it and the fired staff incorrectly filtered some of it. In the end Brad was aware of Levi’s situation but didn’t have a complete picture. If they did, they probably would have shut him down and brought him along slowly like they have done some other guys.

The other way to view it is Brady had all of the information and knows exactly what is going on with Levi. And that’s why there are rumblings that they are giving up on Levi because the kid simply doesn’t want it for himself more than the staff wants it for him.

who?

1 Like

Holmes also has some riverboat gambler to him. Drafted several dudes with injuries so far. Levi, Jamo, and Mitchell . The jury is still kinda out on all 3 of them. Although Jamo showed the speed we all wanted to see.

1 Like

They still did the combine. Still held Medical’s and centralized workouts.

Before any player enters the NFL they have to clear full medical protocols. Before any team signs a player they must clear a full medical exam by team physicians.

There were no exceptions made. It’s a liability and insurance thing.

3 Likes

YES!!! & he trusts himself. Love it!

2 Likes